Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995,Cadillac Deville,HT 4900
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My deville has had a higher idle that i would like it to have when i start it up when the engine is cold and it smooths out when it warms up its very nice and Quite actually. But, If the motor was carburated i wouldn't care but its fuel injection. I just can't seem to think what would tell it to run so Rich until it reaches operating temp.

·
Registered
1995,Cadillac Deville,HT 4900
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I unpluged the sensor and started up the car,and immediately I got (PO15), (PO73) and when i plugged the sensor back together i car wanted to die. I erased the codes and im going to leave it at that, I guess the sensor is working. But would (PO15) make (PO73), I dont understand that though????

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car
759 Posts
The CTS is vital to the cooling system and your engine might overheat without it causing all kinds of possible engine damage, so I would recommend replacing it if you think it is causing this problem.

If it is shorted electrically, the load drain on your whole engine could be why the PCM and drivability systems are going into High Idle, to keep the car from stalling.

It's pretty easy to replace yourself and would be a pretty inexpensive part (less than $50)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts