Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Berlin.

I just bought a 2014 CTS Premiun 2 Months ago here in Berlin at the Cadillac dealer.
The Window sticker said it has all inside what Cadillac offers at this time... Automatic Door Looks, Follow me home lights and the
ACC.

After a few test drives ( for sure after I bought it) I realized that the Car doesn´t have these 3 things activated! :tisk:

Went back to my Dealer... The Dealer got in touch with Cadillac - The Answer was/ is - The 2014 EU Version doesn´t have it. It is built in but Cadillac wont activate it.
The ridiculous thing is - I can activate the time for the Lights in the menu at the CUE system ( 30 sec etc.) but the car doesn´t do anything! If they don´t add this feature why is the menu still available? Odd!

So what think Cadillac is going to be over here in Germany? In 2014 they sold 34 Cars over here. They advertise things, that the customer wont get. I don´t think they will get a lot of new customers with this policy.

My dealer wanted to activate it but if they do so Cadillac cancels the guarantee.

It doesn´t make sense to me! Something to built in but don´t activate it until the 2015 Model.
I owned Cadillac Cars now for 12 Years.
This was my first new Car and my last one!

This week the Dealer will get the Car back and I will get my Money back. Let me see what kind of Brand will get my attention.

I know also that Cadillac don´t give a s***, like also in the past, on the European market. But I think the german Automobiles maganzine will happy to hear my story. So they win a lot for the german Car brands and fire up the European thinking US cars are not as good as European cars.

Don´t get me wrong I really like Cadillac... owned more than 15 and it was always a dream to buy a new one!

I guess it will be better to buy maybe a uses Cadillac from the past.. an old one.. or maybe it´s time to switch to another brand.

I just wanted to let u know guys that also here in the old world Cadillac needs to change a lot! It´s not only to build new and better cars... it´s also about customer care and how to handle a mistake! We are all humans and we are making mistakes... but to say well 2014 CTS no 2015 CTS yes... that´s to easy! Especially the US CTS has all inside and the german CTS has also all built in just not activated!

:(

Sorry for not beeing perfect in English :)

·
Registered
2006, 2014 CTS, Currently 2018 XT5
345 Posts
Did the dealer say what the reason was Cadillac won't activate the items? Is there a German law that says they can't turn these items on?
It sounds rather bazaar not to activate the features. Maybe the ACC can't keep up with autobahn speeds.
I spent 3 1/2 years in Germany with the U.S.Army in Munster- Dieburg. Miss the Autobahn driving.

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,280 Posts
If what you say is true (I don't doubt you), Cadillac (your dealer) needs to step-up and get you in a 2015 model (if they, the 2015 model) does include the features you desire. Cadillac has claimed they are going for world distribution (at least Europe is on their short list); a simple 'good-faith' move on Cadillac's part, seems appropriate.

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,245 Posts
I agree that doesn't make sense, especially if those
features are working on a 2015. If there was any legal
reason, the 2015 would have the same issue.

It would be helpful to you if your dealer could find out the
reason behind this. Possibly the window sticker and
programming wasn't updated correctly to eliminate those
features, IF they were to be eliminated.

Do your Cadillac dealer employees drive Cadillac or German
cars? Hopefully there is a better answer for you.

·
Registered
2014 CTS V Sport Premium
526 Posts
Do you seriously have any idea how many many features and trim levels and even entire models from German car brands that are not available HERE!?!?

·
Registered
none
135 Posts
Same BS here in UAE, the entire country has One dealer only (liberty Automobiles) and you don't get some features such as the voice recognition on the steering wheel, its there but clicking the button will say (feature unavailable), dealer claims it is deactivated as it doesn't detect speech accurately ! or maybe people over here just dont speak English well to get use of this great feature !...

can't imagine though the true reason behind this !...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts