Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 escalade ext, that is not presently running. Here is the story--- The other day it quit at a stop light and I had to push it off the street, ( help by a patrolman). A little while later it started and drove it most of the way home and it quits again. I had it towed to my apartment and checked the codes. P0171 and P0174 were in. I then check the fuel filter and it was really plugged. After that the car started right up and I drove it around town for most of the day. Then it quit again. Once more towed to the apartment. but this time no codes. It will start, then run at a rough idle then quits. Sometime on starting it we can tickle it up to a higher RPM but it still quits. We have listened for the fuel pump and we hear it when the key is turn on it runs for about 2 seconds. When we start it, the background noise is to high to hear the pump run but we are assuming it is or the car would not run, right! I have cleaned the MAF put in a new clean air filter. But it is still the same Bad Bad Car. At this point I am really lost. No Codes and no direction to go. Sure need some good input to solve this problem. :confused:

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well right now when you try to put it in gear it dies immediately. I am not sure if that is bucking or not.

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
115,000 miles and the fuel filter was just changed. And they are the orginal plugs and wires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts