Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1998 deville, 2000 sls, 2006 CTS-V, 2001 STS, 2007 STS V8
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having problems on my 00 sls. suddin stalls, quick drop of rpm at higher rpm almost like it would stall doing 60and it did once, hard starts and grinding sounds when starting...so, i read about it. seems to be the crank sensor. so, I took it to the shop today. He said yes, there is a bad #2 crank sensor. BUT he said my PMC is not operating properly...? i guess when they had the scanner hooked up, it would be fine for a minute, and then all of a sudden lose all data. and it would keep doing that. does that make any sense? he said before I get the crank sensor fixed, I should get the PMC checked out by a dealer because that could be throwing the crank sensor code. now, I just want the stalls to go away. there has been nothing else wrong with the car than that. would I be ok just replacing the #2 crank sensor and not both? I'm trying to spend the least money possible. and where is the #2 sensor?...I looked down by the engine and I can see a sensor on the passager side (pully side)of the engine below the rear head..so if anyone can help asap that would be great!

·
Registered
2000 STS & 2006 DTS
48 Posts
See the thread I started "Engine shuts off while driving", I had both my crank sensors replaced (have not seen the bill yet), they evedently have a history of problems, I was told by the mechanic they are located behind the oil filter, a lot of people with good advice responded to my question.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts