Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ATS Coupe Luxury Edition Velocity Red
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While my ATS was getting its CUE transplant the dealer lent me a 2019 CTS, fully loaded. Nice car, nice accessory package, but slow steering and too "floaty" compared to my ATS. But the backup camera had a much wider field of view than my ATS. I was wondering if the cameras are interchangeable. I see two cameras for the CTS, "normal" and "full view". I'm assuming my loaner had the "full" camera. If it was Plug n Play, I'd get it. Anyone know?

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,514 Posts
Re: Backup canera

You might be talking about the rear camera mirror? That isn't on the ATS at any level.

·
Registered
2016 ATS Coupe Luxury Edition Velocity Red
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Backup canera

You might be talking about the rear camera mirror? That isn't on the ATS at any level.
No. Not the mirror. The camera that sends the image to the CUE screen. This particular CTS did not have the mirror option. And as I said, the view was much wider than my ATS. Sitting in my garage, with the read of the car just on the driveway lip, the view from my ATS is roughly the edges of the driveway. The CTS view from the same place includes large areas of grass on either side of the drive way. Resolution also seemed higher.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
2,864 Posts
It isn't going to be directly compatible because the camera is matched to the HMI system in the car.

I agree the ATS backup camera implementation is lousy in terms of resolution, lower light performance color shift/noise, and general lack of responsiveness. When GM put this system together it was a good two generations behind and is about as embarrassing as the poorly done HVAC and infotainment systems.

The ATS was a great platform and overall design seriously handicapped by some really poor decision making with its ancillary systems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts