Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS-4, Sedan,Tuscan Bronze
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 CTS 4 with backup camera display in the rear view mirror. When I put the car in reverse all I’m now getting are the 4 lines in the display,no picture. There isn’t any obstruction to the camera itself. Has anyone experienced such a problem? I did a site search but wasn’t able to find any info pertaining to this exact problem.

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
2,968 Posts
If it were mine I'd start with triage: find the video line in the trunk and try a different camera (have several in my junque box).

ps I have the dash nav/BUC and no lines.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,376 Posts
Check for broken wires where the harness bends

·
Registered
2010 CTS Sportwagon Premium 3.6 AWD
89 Posts
Are you reverse lights on constantly?

Having the same problem, it's wiring in the hatch as stated above, at least on mine.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, all good suggestions. It will be awhile before I can get to it but I’ll post my findings.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,376 Posts
Might be the cheapest route to start. Us old guys are cheap....just wish Cadillac would understand that someday. :D

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are the steps to remove the camera. I removed the padding on the trunk lid but was unable to remove the piece of molding that the camera sets in. Also I did find a blue wire that had a bare spot. I cut, stripped and twisted it then soldered and black tape it. No difference in the function of the camera.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts