Cadillac Owners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 108 Posts
13,028 Posts
This is certainly not what we like to hear. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with the back up camera grid lines on your vehicles. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: [Forum Username]/Cadillac Forums in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | General Motors.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

· Registered
2 Posts
There is no fix yet.
My dealer told me that it was a module. I explained that I didn’t believe that would work and told them about this thread. They didn’t care. Fast forward a week the module came in they said they fixed it but would take a few hours to register. Drove this with my 2 young kids that night and went to leave where I was at and the car would not start. 😡😡. My dad had to come and he unplugged the battery and plugged it back in and then I was able to get home. I’m beyond frustrated. The grid lines still never worked. So that module the dealer said was the issue is not the fix.

13,028 Posts
My dealer told me that it was a module. I explained that I didn’t believe that would work and told them about this thread. They didn’t care. Fast forward a week the module came in they said they fixed it but would take a few hours to register. Drove this with my 2 young kids that night and went to leave where I was at and the car would not start. 😡😡. My dad had to come and he unplugged the battery and plugged it back in and then I was able to get home. I’m beyond frustrated. The grid lines still never worked. So that module the dealer said was the issue is not the fix.
This is certainly not what we like to hear, Groen01k. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your vehicle. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Groen01k/Cadillac Forums in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | General Motors.

Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

· Premium Member
2023 Escalade Prem Lux, 2021 C8 Corvette
464 Posts
I emailed this Cadillac Customer Service in this thread and they said they’re looking into it. I don’t feel too confident though. It seems like nobody has any answers. I don’t feel like it’s a high priority for Cadillac. I don’t feel like it’s escalating and getting fixed. Disappointed that not only did I have to compromise because of constraints and accept less than what I wanted but I received a vehicle that doesn’t even work right. You would think that since i had to accept less that they would work hard to make it right quickly. It’s been months now with no hint of progress.

· Registered
166 Posts
I emailed this Cadillac Customer Service in this thread and they said they’re looking into it. I don’t feel too confident though. It seems like nobody has any answers. I don’t feel like it’s a high priority for Cadillac. I don’t feel like it’s escalating and getting fixed. Disappointed that not only did I have to compromise because of constraints and accept less than what I wanted but I received a vehicle that doesn’t even work right. You would think that since i had to accept less that they would work hard to make it right quickly. It’s been months now with no hint of progress.
I agree with you, this one is odd to me. It was working fine on 21's and 22's, and even seems to be working on newer 23's, but for some reason they don't have a software update for the ones that don't work in between?

· Premium Member
464 Posts
I agree with you, this one is odd to me. It was working fine on 21's and 22's, and even seems to be working on newer 23's, but for some reason they don't have a software update for the ones that don't work in between?
What I’ve deducted so far is it’s because of the new surround camera recorders that are new for the 23’s. Also it’s just the ones that don’t have the towing package. The ones that don’t come with the additional single line for backing up and the additional camera view for looking down on the hitch.

· Registered
50 Posts
What I’ve deducted so far is it’s because of the new surround camera recorders that are new for the 23’s. Also it’s just the ones that don’t have the towing package. The ones that don’t come with the additional single line for backing up and the additional camera view for looking down on the hitch.
Do you think this is the reason why im experiencing no image sometimes when engaging reverse? Very frustrating when it happens especially when backing out of a parking spot. This truck too big for my wife to not have cameras lol

· Registered
8 Posts
This is certainly not what we like to hear, Groen01k. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your vehicle. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Groen01k/Cadillac Forums in the subject line.

www.gm.com
I sent e-mail. Can you please update this forum with status on a fix?

· Premium Member
464 Posts
Do you think this is the reason why im experiencing no image sometimes when engaging reverse? Very frustrating when it happens especially when backing out of a parking spot. This truck too big for my wife to not have cameras lol
There shouldn’t be a reason why you don’t see out the camera. But they could be related. Do you have a blue hourglass on the screen when it’s in reverse? Mine comes on everytime so it’s missing some sites of update or is stuck.

· Premium Member
464 Posts
I sent e-mail. Can you please update this forum with status on a fix?
Don’t hold your breath on the Cadillac Customer Service on here. They emailed me and asked who my dealership was and then responded that they had reached out to them and they currently don’t have a fix. Which is stupid because we all have been to the dealership trying to fix this! What we need is someone above them to escalate this for an immediate fix! Sometimes I feel like both hands don’t know what each other is doing! It’s so aggravating!

· Registered
50 Posts
There shouldn’t be a reason why you don’t see out the camera. But they could be related. Do you have a blue hourglass on the screen when it’s in reverse? Mine comes on everytime so it’s missing some sites of update or is stuck.
No blue hourglass just a black error screen. When the problem occurs I can't access any of the other cameras as well. The whole system becomes inoperable not just the rear. Makes me wonder if it's hardware or software related now.

Ill attach a couple pics I took...This problem has happened 20-25 times since we picked up the vehicle on 11/10/22. Brand new 2023 sport platinum

Attachments

· Premium Member
464 Posts
No blue hourglass just a black error screen. When the problem occurs I can't access any of the other cameras as well. The whole system becomes inoperable not just the rear. Makes me wonder if it's hardware or software related now.

Ill attach a couple pics I took...This problem has happened 20-25 times since we picked up the vehicle on 11/10/22. Brand new 2023 sport platinum
I had that happen today really quick. I started it remotely and I then jumped in and instantly started backing up before the system had time to fully load up. It was the same screen but as soon as it loaded up the camera turned on. You might need an update.

· Registered
50 Posts
I had that happen today really quick. I started it remotely and I then jumped in and instantly started backing up before the system had time to fully load up. It was the same screen but as soon as it loaded up the camera turned on. You might need an update.
I thought maybe the issue was from not having an SD card in the slot for the video recorder. I formatted and put the card in and I’m still having an issue.

I even let the car fully boot up before putting the car in reverse and I still have the same issue with the camera not working.

The wife even tried her own methods engaging reverse immediately and letting the operating system boot up and she still had issues both ways.

$117k vehicle too…my buddies 06 Acura TSX back up works flawlessly since day 1 lol.

· Registered
3 Posts
Any luck from anyone? This has been an issue for me since September. It doesn't seem like anything is happening. I checked in with my dealership 3 times already and not a thing. Cadillac should be offering us something for dealing with all of this on 120k+ SUVs.

· Registered
50 Posts
Any luck from anyone? This has been an issue for me since September. It doesn't seem like anything is happening. I checked in with my dealership 3 times already and not a thing. Cadillac should be offering us something for dealing with all of this on 120k+ SUVs.
Im not sure if this will be a fix for the grid line issue but it did fix my camera system malfunction issue. Whenever the system will malfunction my cameras go out. The whole system not just the rear. Had to turn the car off let it sleep and then the cameras would work when I start the car again.

I guess there was an update for one of the ECUs. It's been 4 days since the fix and I haven't had any issues since. Before the update my cameras were malfunctioning at least once per day.

Attached is copy of the work order. Maybe this might help some of you if they can do a software update.

Attachments

· Registered
8 Posts
Im not sure if this will be a fix for the grid line issue but it did fix my camera system malfunction issue. Whenever the system will malfunction my cameras go out. The whole system not just the rear. Had to turn the car off let it sleep and then the cameras would work when I start the car again.

I guess there was an update for one of the ECUs. It's been 4 days since the fix and I haven't had any issues since. Before the update my cameras were malfunctioning at least once per day.

Attached is copy of the work order. Maybe this might help some of you if they can do a software update.
What year is your model and did you ever experience the blue hourglass issue?

· 2009 Escalade
1,703 Posts
I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if some company makes an aftermarket solution you can download with a SW update. I can see it now, configurations for XMAS lights, airport landing style lights or OEM with multiple color options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

41 - 60 of 108 Posts