Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS Sedan
1 Posts
Hello Murrow,

I like your video and it is really impressive.

I have a 2014 standard trim CTS sedan and am very interested in doing a DIY rear camera installation.
Can you please provide more details:
1. Is your 2014 Cadillac CTS sedan a "Standard Trim" model? With or without navigation?
2. How long did the installation take (a few hours)?
3. How is the setup performing currently? Are you satisfied?
4. Can you provide details about the actual installation? Where was the camera attached. What modifications, additions were needed?
5. How much did it cost?

Thank you very much

----------

Hello Murrow,

I have a 2014 standard trim CTS sedan and am very interested in doing a DIY rear camera installation.
1. Is your 2014 Cadillac CTS sedan a "Standard Trim" model? With or without navigation?
4. Can you provide details about the actual installation? Where was the camera attached. What modifications, additions were needed?

Thank you very much

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS Standard 2.0T
154 Posts
Hello Murrow,

5. How much did it cost?

Thank you very much

1. Standard trim WITH nav

2. It took several hours. The car was probably at the shop for 6 or 7 hours.

3. I'm very happy with the camera. It does exactly what it's supposed to do. Compared to the factory camera, I feel like my camera's picture might be a little clearer and have more contrast. But it might all be in my head.

4. I believe the camera itself is in the same spot as the factory camera. I know they had to drill a tiny hole to screw it in. My understanding is that the trunk liner had to come off, I think several other trim pieces had to be removed to run the wiring to the dash. I noticed a rattle a few weeks after the installation, but it has since disappeared. Not sure how much of the dash had to come out. When I first picked up the car, something behind the dash was interfering with the motorized cup holder and preventing it from fully opening. The shop fixed that problem in about 30 minutes, and I've had no problems since.

5. The cost was a $800 or so, IIRC.

With my skill set, I definitely would not have attempted to install myself.

I hope that helps!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Kruss,

In most cases, in order to get a backup camera in a vehicle it requires you to replace the whole infotainment system which can be pretty costly. If you are interested in having me look into your situation further, please send me a PM with your VIN.

Katie O.
Cadillac Customer Care
Hi I have a 2014 CTS that has nav and most upgrades. What does it take to connect the backup camera?
VIN 1G6AWSX9E0174976

21 - 25 of 25 Posts