Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To me the mirror adjustment goes to low using the reverse setting.
Is it possible to adjust this?

·
Registered
2008 Black/Ebony CTS-4, Other(s): 2009 Wicked Solstice
748 Posts
AFAIK the only choice is on or off. the actual position appears to be factory set.
I agree it is too low for backing up. some seem to use it to locate the curb, that is probably more in line with its limited usefulness.
rg

·
Registered
2008 CTS DI RWD
42 Posts
mirror adjustment goes to low using the reverse setting.
Couldn't agree more. I had this feature on for a couple of days, and then realized that it was basically useless unless I was trying to parallel park or something. Needless to say, it's off now.

·
Registered
Cadillac
72 Posts
I was trained early on to back in everywhere, its like second nature, and yes after a little getting use to the passenger side mirror tilt down in reverse it works well for me. Not necessarily a feature that would turn my crank, unlike say the heated windshield fluid.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS 6MT, 2008 Cadillac CTS 6MT
174 Posts
Couldn't agree more. I had this feature on for a couple of days, and then realized that it was basically useless unless I was trying to parallel park or something. Needless to say, it's off now.
That's exactly what I did. Thought it would be helpful, but after a couple of days, I decided it went way too low. Now, when I'm about to parallel park, I adjust my passenger-side mirrow down manually. I don't worry about moving it back up because when I come back to the car and press unlock, my memory feature automatically puts the mirror right back to where I had it before I parked! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
08 Platinum Escalade, 08 CTS, 01 TransAm WS6, 07 SolsticeGXP
478 Posts
It's really too bad.

On my 2004 CTS, the back-up passenger mirror was FANTASTIC. It just dropped down a little bit. On my 2008, it's ridiculous.

Sometimes I just don't get GM. I wonder if the engineers, focus group moderators, and ergonomic experts are are just plain morons, or if they add these little annoyances on purpose, just to not-so-subtly encourage people to buy newer cars.

If you ask 20 CTS drivers if they think the passenger back up mirror goes too low, I think 18 on 20 drivers will say yes.

Could they be that stupid?

I love my CTS that I just got last week, but there are just some little annoyances...

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Black Raven/Ebony Interior
70 Posts
At the risk of sounding really dumb.......how do you set the mirror to tilt? I was told I didn't have this feature on my car and I have the PDQ package!

·
Registered
2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6
950 Posts
At the risk of sounding really dumb.......how do you set the mirror to tilt? I was told I didn't have this feature on my car and I have the PDQ package!
This has been covered in other threads elsewhere. If your car had a post October2008 build date, your CTS' personalization menu was "de-contented" and the park-tilt mirror feature was removed - among a couple of others. CTSes built a few months earlier had the heated windshield feature removed. GM continued to advertise the park-tilt feature on the GM Canada website for months after the feature was removed. :rant2:

I personally like the park-tilt feature in our SRX and would have used it in the CTS. I, like fritze18, will manually adjust the passenger mirror just before backing into a tight spot. Unfortunately, since my CTS has keyless start, the car unlocks with my touch (not the remote) and it does not return to my settings - I have to remember to hit my memory setting on the door-mounted button before I pull it out of park. I've gotten used to this routine but am unhappy that Caddy decontented the car and forces me to do this. :crybaby:

·
Registered
Cadillac
49 Posts
In an earlier thread this same discussion took place. Somewhere in the earlier thread a pretty good suggestion came up. The poster said that he used the second "Memory" function to set a lower mirror position. He left the seat and steering wheel positions the same but set a lower mirror position for backing up. When he wanted to back up he simply pressed the second memory position to lower the mirrors. When he was done, back to Memory 1. The only thing different in the two positions were the mirrors.

·
Registered
08 Platinum Escalade, 08 CTS, 01 TransAm WS6, 07 SolsticeGXP
478 Posts
Very smart idea!!
...especially since I won't let my girlfriend drive the car anyhow! No need for memory #2!
Great workaround!

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac SRX 3.6 Perf,2014 Cadillac CTS V-Sport Premium
4 Posts
is there a way to add the mirros that fold down automatically when put into reverse on 2010 CTS?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts