Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
721 Posts
Worst case is I would put a dark plastic cover over that heinous thing. Or move to Florida. You can live with Padgett

If you put a plastic cover on it, the law man can still get you for it...

I say if you’re gonna break the law, you might as well do it in style.

Or since my team won their 1st playoff game last night, I can switch it over to this.

But OP’s car was made to have no license plate...

I live in California and knock on wood I haven’t received any sort of heat for not having a proper front license plate.. My previous cars always had limo tint including the front door windows, and that got me pulled over a bit too often.. But the license plate? It’s not even on their radar.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,228 Posts
I live in Florida. No plate required.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
721 Posts
I live in Florida. No plate required.
I once met a guy with a brand new Porsche out here at a car related gathering and his car had Florida plates.. I don’t remember the exact details but it was basically to the tune of its legal in Florida but never here in California.

Must be nice in Florida. Lol

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,133 Posts
GeneMpls -
"I am not sure what HATH means- "

Sorry - my own adder to the common HTH when I think my own input has tipped over into excess = Hope All That Helps.

Truth be told it's gonna be pretty hard to do anything that keeps that car from looking slick as snot.

Reactions: silversport

·
Registered
2012 Silver Perf Coupe awd ; 2013 Silver Premium Coupe- awd: currently 2012 Premium Coupe -awd
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks FTSS- try to stay up with you youngsters and your lingo. In Mn you have to have a front plate if you have a drinking problem [I have heard].
Before the Coupes I had a couple of supercharged Rivs and before that a couple of LeSabre T-types and Corvs and Z28s converts for summer fun.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,133 Posts
Thanks FTSS- try to stay up with you youngsters and your lingo. I.......
No, Thank You! I got my license in '69, so 'prechiate the impugned compliment. MO is a 'both plates' state, but I got away for all 16 years owning my first Fleetwood and the first 16 years of my garage queen Impala SS' life running no fronts. I'd get stopped and questions about it once in a while from LEO. I'd just say it started as a 'rear only' MI car and never had the heart to drill the front and the logic seemed to sell. Of course I'm pretty sure they were just taking an opportunity to look it over so I'd chat with them a bit - even popped the hood a couple times. I did finally get ticketed for it in '12. $70 total, and I figure every ticket is just a donation to a very worthy cause anyway.

Now after all that, is it the lighting or was that a 9C1 Riv? o_O

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,228 Posts
I told the cops I had an accident where my front bumper was replaced and my front plate was lost in the accident. Get a good story together so you don't have to make it up on the fly. Worked for my MGB when I lived in Ohio who just passed legislation eliminating front plates!

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,840 Posts
No front plate on my CTS or my GP.
I carry them under the ps rear floor mat so I can toss them up on the dash if I spot the po-po busting a u-ey.

·
Registered
2012 Silver Perf Coupe awd ; 2013 Silver Premium Coupe- awd: currently 2012 Premium Coupe -awd
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Not sure what a 9C1 Riv is so I am guessing it is not. I still love that car- I sold it to a guy who works on my way to work so I see it every day, still like to look at it. It was a black car and I actually had the silver painted on... that was a long time ago. I think I was licensed in '61, took the test in my bros '59 silver Coupe de Ville, could not park it and proved it for the lic inspector. Bro worked for a Olds/Pont/Caddy dealer and when his boss saw me driving his car he hired me to take rental cars to little airports all over the state and paid bus fare back [I hitchhiked and pocketed the $].

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Isn't 9C1 a code for cop Imp's?

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,133 Posts
Uh - ohhhh. Yes it is, but also yes not guaranteeing that's an option for a Buick. Or especially a Cadillac.

That lightbar looking door or whatever behind with the signature white/black 2-tone demanded a double take. :unsure:

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,375 Posts
I like this 2-tone paint job. It is OEM from 1982. Charcoal and Firemist Silver with Tomato Red pinstriping.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I had a Buick Regal with that color separation- only it was silver all the way down- bought a wreaked Monti SS V8 and switched the running gear. A buddy had a Grand National- he gave me a ride I will never forget on a Interstate in Minneapolis. God I am old. I have done things my way tho.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
GeneMpls is one cool cat.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Not my best picture:cool:... thanks tho. I have been very lucky in my current lifetime- not necessarily looks-wise.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,133 Posts
I had to go back just to see whose thread we're fracking. A relief to see it's you. :cool:

So now what you're telling us then is all the gals climbing all over you are after your money, which could last forever if 'very lucky' enough.

As opposed to looks or personality which are always subject to change. Usually not for the better with age.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts