Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Registered
2012 Silver Perf Coupe awd ; 2013 Silver Premium Coupe- awd: currently 2012 Premium Coupe -awd
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a [real] low mile coupe and love Silver with a light color interior[not black], unfortunately they are rare and I am thinking I may have to settle for a white or black car-car. So I am back to playing with two-toning. I grew up [in a world long ago and far away] when two-tones were the sh$t. Here are some of my designs using [mostly] two pictures and intricate masking processes. I have wrap people at my beck and call, so it would not require actual painting. Whadoya think?

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
I like the way you think, but I would bring the color change in on a stronger, more flowing body line.
Something like this...

Registered

Super Moderator
2014 ELR
Try the paint break at the top or bottom of the fender port. I think that will visually help the tall sides.

Registered
96 FWB
...... I grew up [in a world long ago and far away] when two-tones were the sh$t. .......
Same time and same place here, as well.

While wraps provide fantastic results, those covering only entire top or only entire sides persist in "looking" like one. Here's my prime contender for the colorway combo I'm settling on for mine to go with TOTAL de-chroming as with my last Fleetwood. And playing along other's thinking it shows inset accents guided by feature lines and tying all planes together:

And further to the above shared thoughts, that body carries it's angular severity all on its own merit. I fear a color changed right on a crease might maybe come off as outlining with a crayon.

Reactions: silversport

Registered
2012 Silver Perf Coupe awd ; 2013 Silver Premium Coupe- awd: currently 2012 Premium Coupe -awd
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Gents. I am still hoping for a Silver one but I think I can make a black one work if worst comes to worst. I love the black/white V and like the pillars being silver. I 'may' have found a Silver/Titanium coupe with 15k miles from a desert state:love:

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the Silver/Titanium coupe, it will be shipped in in a week or so and I will be working up a black hood/roof treatment for it, not sure about the rear deck/rear end as I will but a spoiler on it.

Registered
Congrats on #3!
Post up some pics for us when you are able.

Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
yes on congrats and on pics please...

Bill

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I think this will be the hood/front/roof- upper and lower grille will be stainless wire with no emblem. Still knoodlin' the rear end, just got the painted spoiler today.

CTS coupeIII.jpg

Reactions: acstudios and Long

Registered
Me likey (y) (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
OK, making slow progress. This is what the front end/grilles final [I think]. I eliminated the lower grill and built ductwork to fit the opening and painted it all flat black. It is so black now it like a black hole- should look better later. The license plate is reduced by 15% in size and printed on non-reflective material- Minnesota does not have a problem with this [or at least they have never mentioned it]. The bar between the upper and lower grilles is Titanium metallic brushed wrap material, which will be used on the hood and top and 'maybe'
the upper trunk surface and spoiler. CTS coupeIII front.jpg

Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
Hmm, my first thought is an emblem in the middle of the grill to break it up. And where do the ducts go? CAI? Brakes? Crotch cooler?

Registered
96 FWB
I'm sure all those familiar with your model have the configuration memorized, but I had to refer to the OP's first pic to figure what's where. Partly from the shadowing it first struck me that the center of the fascia was plain missing. I will offer a complete outsider's perspective if that's a worthwhile insight (99.999999% of other drivers ). I love the mesh upper, and think it would tie together better to replicate on the bottom opening too, including cutting in those ducts if they are actually getting directed to something - especially a crotch cooler. Oh, and the separator bar and parking block catcher both in body color. Better yet, do the two-tone of the center including the hood at the raise crease line. And then the grilles 2-tone body color now as well ala Post #2.

Cliffs: Oh dam, it's Post #10 but with both mesh grilles! And put that giant crest n Wreath right back on there where it belongs! ;)

If that ain't enough I'd still wonder what the paint break on the side would look like basically what jayoldschool and I mentioned.
HATH

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
My last coupe had a mesh grille in the lower- only I made it so it covered the lower body color panel which is now black, I may try the Titanium on the lower panel. The ducting is just to make it more finished looking, instead of a raw edge. I am beyond the boy racer stage, and the first thing I have always done is take off all the emblems as unnecessary and ugly. And Caddy emblems are not any different. The only reason I have a Cadillac is it is the best suited car for me.
I am not sure what HATH means- I found:
HATHHarry And The Hendersons (movie)
HATHHeterosexual Attitudes Toward Homosexuals (scale)
HATHHelparoundthehouse (Woolloongabba, Qld, Australia)

Reactions: silversport

Registered
2000 Deville DHS
So you鈥檙e eliminating the Cadillac emblem but keeping the license plate?

Just my opinion but there鈥檚 no way I鈥檇 keep the license plate on there.. What鈥檚 going to happen?

Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
So you鈥檙e eliminating the Cadillac emblem but keeping the license plate?

Just my opinion but there鈥檚 no way I鈥檇 keep the license plate on there.. What鈥檚 going to happen?
Worst case is I would put a dark plastic cover over that heinous thing. Or move to Florida. You can live with Padgett

1 - 20 of 37 Posts