Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Eldorado (Gone) ; 2001 Seville SLS (RIP) ; 2005 DeVille
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been roughly 5 years since I've been without a Cadillac. And now... I am back!. 2005 DeVille. Rather excited.

I missed these forums. I may not have been a very high poster, but this place is a genuine online community unlike most other car forums.

But, onward. I do have two questions.

#1 This car has remote start on it from Code Alarm. I did not know that until after I bought it. Unfortunatly, it does not work though. It cranks up then gives up right away, then the security light flashes. Only one try and no go. Would you think perhaps the PK3 bypass module went out? Where would you start? I can't find much information on these systems as they are generally installed by a Code Alarm dealer

#2 I am missing the spare tire cover in my trunk so currently the trunk is not very usable. Any ideas where I could get one reasonably?

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Welcome back.

1 - Quickest, easiest way to have it diagnosed, is to take it somewhere that installs alarms and remote starters.

2 - Salvage yard.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,270 Posts
Welcome back.

1 - Quickest, easiest way to have it diagnosed, is to take it somewhere that installs alarms and remote starters.

2 - Salvage yard.
----------------------------------------:yeah:

and check for codes -

if all else fails - find a Code Alarm dealer -

1 - 3 of 3 Posts