Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post. Great site you guys have here. I just got a sweet deal on a used 2013 XTS. It's with my mechanic now, he's going through and checking out everything for me or I would post a pic. Anyway, when I purchased the vehicle one of the silver V emblems in the back seat was broken in half. This is embedded in the leather on all of the seats and measures probably 2 and a half inches wide. I believe it has 2 prongs on the back of it, as evidence of the hole that was in the seat. I searched on-line everywhere but wasn't able to locate a replacement. I went to the dealer and asked them and they told me that I would have to buy a whole new back seat cover, as they do not sell the emblems separately. They told me that other people have just glued them back on, but the problem is I don't have the other half. I checked the GM parts websites and no luck finding just this emblem. Other than a junkyard (and ebay which I already checked), does anyone have any other ideas or places I could check to get a new one, or even a used one. I'm not going to shell out hundreds of dollars on a new seat cover when all I need is the silver emblem. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,850 Posts
Since this is your first post, I'll give you a little tip: Go to your profile and modify your description to display what year and trim level you own. This makes it easier for others to help you; especially when the subject is parts.

That said, which side of the rear seat has the issue? There's a different part number for each, and since the emblem is not broken out as a separate part, you'll need a replacement seat cover (new or used) to replace your existing cover (probably the best way to perform the repair) or scavenge an emblem (from salvage) from after removing your cover and fastening the emblem.

If you want to replace the existing cover, you need to describe the leather color as well.

CCC

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,445 Posts
:welcome: Welcome to the forums. Follow the advice from ccclarke, including editing your profile to include year/model/trim, and your location. Regarding posting pix, you need to have five legitimate posts before you can post pix or use the PM system. That policy was put into place to prevent hit & run advertising.

·
Registered
2017xts vsport platinum, 2011EXT, gt500
1,019 Posts
Could you cover them up with a different v emblem.heres one I used on my 17 dash,since the only vemblem was on trunk lid
ttps://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0? mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F232483533235

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great. Thanks guys. I'll update my profile and check out the link. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any luck with finding this part? I am also looking for it. I have located the entire seat cover but I have no need to replace the leather. I have a 2013 ATS with the 3.6 and need it for the front passenger seat.

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,850 Posts
The emblem is part of the seat cover and not availabe as a separate item. It's a great business model, eh?

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,750 Posts
This looks like what you probably want:

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Coupe, 2014 ELR, 2018 XT5 AWD
408 Posts
Looks like the seat back cover is around $200 USD. I can see why you are looking for another option. Here are three
1:Have one 3D printed
2:Remove a good one and use it to cast a mold to make more. I see someone else here needs one. You could even split the costs of material and make a bunch. Then sell them!
3:Make your own using a saw, some files and a small piece of aluminum or plastic.
It's a pretty simple shape so I bet almost anyone could make a passable copy.

Edit: Or buy the one that XCALIBUR found..on EBay..

·
Registered
2018 Cadillac XTS Luxury
229 Posts
Hmmmm. If you buy the one on fleaBay, it looks like you still have to take the seat cover off in order to put the retainer plate in place and do a good job of it. Also, it was mentioned in a post above that these pieces are different, depending on which seat position this applies to. I don't know if that is true, but the fleaBay ad doesn't have a provision for selecting the seat position.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,750 Posts
Only the part numbers are different according to ccclarke, which is probably due to having to buy the whole seat cover (as one would need that particular seat cover).
The ebay part looks like it would fit, and he can contact the seller to make sure (but it does say it will fit an XTS).
It would just take a bit of work to replace it (unlike replacing the dash), or have an autobody/upholstery place do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts