Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  csbuckn 
#1 ·
I hope everyone had a happy Fourth of July. I know I did. While visiting relatives deep in the hill country timbuktu parts of Texas, I came across a fine Cadillac and snatched it up!

If anyone knows where Bluffton, TX is, that's where I bought it. Was originally sold from Angelina Cadillac in Lufkin, TX. So its spent its entire life in the dry hot parts of Texas. Not a trace of rust, and not a trace of pitting on the chrome. Just needs a good washing! :bouncy:

I'll get better pics once I take some on a camera (these are from my cell phone). Yep, 65k original miles. Everything runs great! Immaculate maroon interior - not a rip, not a crease, and a perfect (new) headliner. And not a single ding on the body! Vinyl top is good too.

Only prob are the plastics. They have been dried out by the Texas heat, and will need new ones all the way around. The rears were cracked, but still there. However on the 300 mile trip home, the driver one fell clean out. :crybaby:

See less See more
#4 ·
Very nice! Sounds like you got a heck of a good deal.

#6 ·
Very nice! Sounds like you got a heck of a good deal.
Yeah, I paid $1625 after haggling the 90-year-old owner down from $2k. He was convinced it was a $10k show car. Not the best deal out there, but I have been wanting one with this color combo, and the mileage was good. Besides, I plan on keeping this one.

If I were to customise things on my coupe one of the most important things would be those luxxo seats..
You know for some reason the d'Elegance front seats are painfully uncomfortable to me. :crybaby: And I don't know why. I remember it that way in my '92 d'Elegance. But I was just fine in my standard '90 Brougham and my '83 Olds Regency. I hope I adjust soon. I wish the 80-89s had a driver recliner option so I could play with the angle.

Say! Weren't there driver recliners in early 80s Broughams?

#10 ·
You know for some reason the d'Elegance front seats are painfully uncomfortable to me. :crybaby: And I don't know why.
If you're at all like me, it's because the pillow top doesn't come all the way up your back, but rather stops right below your shoulder blades, which gets uncomfortable over long durations.

#9 ·
Power recliner on the drivers side was available on deVille and Fleetwood Brougham starting in 1977, and I think the driver side power recliner was optionally available every model year after that on the RWD deVille, Fleetwood Brougham, and Brougham until it became standard in 1990. I agree with you on d'Elegance seats - especially the overly pillowy seats in the deVille d'Elegance from 79-84, the style I have in my car - they look like heaven but there is zero support and I find them miserable on long trips, and I'm a road trip guy. One of the few imperfections in these old cars. :)

#12 ·
I'm very Jealous. Personally I thought the seats of the pillow seats of the deVille to be more comfortable than the ones in my 86 FWB. The seats in my 2008 STS are the most uncomfortable POS I have ever sat in, The seats in a Colbats are more comfortable, hell a park bench would beat the STS.

#19 ·
This is a decent come back , I like your new ride and looks pretty nice considering it's age . Anyway, take those deer stuffs off the bumper and it will be ok

#24 ·
Ahh, good old-fashioned Deer whistles. I've never had them on any car, but I understand all-too-well what they're for. My [now former] boss once plowed into a deer with her '87 Brougham and did some serious damage.

Beautiful car and that interior looks IMMACULATE. Better lock those doors before I steal the seats.

#26 ·
Any cool finds/discoveries in the glove box or trunk (i.e. window sticker, gold key blanks in the folder, misc. documents, Gold Key Delivery cassette, etc.)?

#29 ·
Congrats on the Cadillac! That is a great looking car! I live in the country so I have deer whistles on all my vehicles, but I place them low and down somewhere they don't catch peoples eye. They really help, saved me from many deer coming across the roads from fields. You must make sure though, that can catch wind in order to work correctly.

#30 ·
How's your leather? Has 21 years in the sun & heat taken it's toll and dried it out? If so, I'd recommend Lexol Leatherique.

#31 ·
Chad, Lexol and Leatherique are two separate products made by different companies. Lexox is more of a chemical treatment, and Leatherique is more time consuming although the results are more natural and healthy for the leather, especially if the leather is hard as cardboard. Dave

#32 ·
Oh, for some reason I thought they were the same. I use Lexol on the Regal. I had some M-B stuff for the S Class.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.