Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 DTS...and i keep my treble, midrange and bass 2 down from thier max setting on my radio. Sometimes when i play certain songs with certain bass frequencies the subwoofer vibrates my back deck. The music dosnt have to be loud either...it can be smooth jazz at a medium volume and the back deck (i think thats the problem) with vibrate. It wasnt a problem at first but now its really really starting to annoy me. My car is in for warranty work to fix it because im sure cadillac didnt make thier DTS to vibrate when u played music. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and how they solved it?

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
I have the problem with my SLS, but it is pretty rare, and I dont play alot of bassy music, so i ignore it

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Loose clips somewhere.......

·
Registered
630 Posts
Caddy Man said:
I have a 2000 DTS...and i keep my treble, midrange and bass 2 down from thier max setting on my radio. Sometimes when i play certain songs with certain bass frequencies the subwoofer vibrates my back deck. The music dosnt have to be loud either...it can be smooth jazz at a medium volume and the back deck (i think thats the problem) with vibrate. It wasnt a problem at first but now its really really starting to annoy me. My car is in for warranty work to fix it because im sure cadillac didnt make thier DTS to vibrate when u played music. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and how they solved it?
If your Speakers are fine then you may need to get some "Dynamat" Sound Deadning Material to quiet the Rattles! My Old 87' sounds Amazing inside, but i don't use screws on my speakers when i mount them in my personal vehicles :) And i have changed how they are mounted in the rear deck as well. My 6 x 9's sound like 10" subwoofers. Well Caddy Man let me know what the Dealer say's about that vibration ok, i am interested to find out what they say.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know what you mean...but for me its more of a quality issue. None of these are aftermarket speakers...for a cadillac that costed around 60,000 when it was brand new should NOT be rattling no matter what. I know that dynamat would solve my problem, but the car should be built not to do it. Ive been in other cars with bose and Mark Levinson and nobodys cars do it. I think its just specific to my car...I'm sure cadillac didnt have them leave the factory with rattling from the back deck. Hopefully the dealer can fix it...its under warranty anyways. :)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
*UPDATE* We took the caddy to the dealer, turns out it was some problem with the amplifier and they had to order a new one. But it sounds so much better now...much stronger and more clear. It vibrates slightly at high volumes but that is expected. The orinigal problem was vibration at low to mid volumes where the vibration could be heard everytime the bass hit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Interesting. You know this problem is more common than many people realize. do you have the bose premium stereo by any chance?

I ran in to this problem on several vehicles. My 2003 CTS, 1998 Maxima, and an Infinity. In most cases I think the people just ignore it.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Yeah, i think mine does it too.... You can always add some dynamat as a cheap fix...

What kind of infiniti did you have???

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey what up guys...well its been a while since this thread was posted that i kinda forgot all about it...but anyways the vibration was fixed for only a few weeks, and started again but this time it was really bad, instead of just vibrating on certain notes it did it everytime the bass hit, so instead of takin it to the caddy dealer i took it to a car audio shop, they actually checked it out and the problem is that the mountin for the 8 inch sub isnt tightened properly. when he pushed up on the mountin the vibration stopped but he said it will come back in a few weeks (that is why every few weeks its been happenin even thoguh tthe caddy dealler supposdly fixed it) The sound shop guy said they can make a custom sub mountin bracket for liek 50 dollars, i think im gonna go ahead and let them do that. I kno to many people it may not be that big of a deal...but i listen to the music in my car alot and just knowin the vibration is there bugs the hell outta me. I want nice and clean sound. my dads 98 s class Mercedes has an 11 speaker bose with 4 speakers on the back deck and that thing is built like a rock , iver never heard it vibrate...EVER. sorry but the caddy dealers just make me mad...i went 3 times and they never want to actually see what the problem is ''yah well take care of it'' but they dont fix it ever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
Caddy Man