Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is the 3rd time ive been havin this problem. I own a 2000 Cadillac DTS. and i dont know what the problem is but either the back deck is loose and vibrating, the subwoofer is blown or there is some metal inside the housin that is vibrating everytime i play a song. Its quite loud. The first time i took it to the dealer they replaced the Bose amp, the 2nd time they said the speaker was blown and replaced the subwoofer. The problem seems fixed then returns just a couple weeks later. Has ANYONE else had this problem? I dont know what kind of cheap shit cadillac is usin in thier cars. :annoyed: :mad: ..anyone have any input? Should i take it back to the dealer or have a car audio shop check it out first?

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
It doesn't sound like it's the subs fault, it's probably some little part of that area of the car vibrating. Sometimes you can feel if a part is vibrating by lightly touching it and if it seems to be vibrating more than the rest of the car it could be the problem.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you know i dont think its the back deck itself cuz when i press it when music is palyin the vibration contiues. What I think i will do is take it to a car audio shop and have them look at it. Cuz when i take it to the dealer i ask them if they want me to put a song on real quick to show them...but they always say no its ok. :confused: Anyways if its something underneath the back deck i think im just gonn ahve to get them to Dynamat the whole thing from underneath. Anyone else with a DTS have this problem?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*UPDATE* i took it to a car audio shop and the guy checked it out. He determined the metal subwoofer mounting was loose. WHen he pushed it up the vibration stopped completly. HE said it will eventually loosen up over time...exactly why it seemed fixed for about 2-3 weeks after i took it to the dealer and started again. Feels good knoin what exactly is wrong. The dealer never wants to take the time to check it out...they dont view it as ''important''

·
Registered
226 Posts
Caddy Man said:
*UPDATE* i took it to a car audio shop and the guy checked it out. He determined the metal subwoofer mounting was loose. WHen he pushed it up the vibration stopped completly. HE said it will eventually loosen up over time...exactly why it seemed fixed for about 2-3 weeks after i took it to the dealer and started again. Feels good knoin what exactly is wrong. The dealer never wants to take the time to check it out...they dont view it as ''important''

This is EXACTLY what was wrong with the one in my 99STS. You can remove the grille over the sub by straightening the tabs on the grille under the rear deck. This can be accessed in the trunk. I used some of those cabinet door stick-on rubber pads. You know the ones you can get at Home Depot to put on your kitchen cabinet doors so they are quiet when they close. I put several of them along the edge of the grille that makes contact with the rear deck. I haven't had a problem ever since and, if installed discreetly enough, you cannot see them at all. A good $2.00 fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Caddy Man