Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
None
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 3rd row have a baby latch? I hope so.

Also would it be hard to get children or kids if they are in the 3rd row? I observed lotsa people put in their kids in the 2nd row.

If not, that means there is only room for 2 baby seats in the 2 seat config in the 2nd row. I may need a new vehicle that can fit 3/4 adults or 2-3 children.

Any insights would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
44 Posts
I have an 07 ESV. We have 4 car seats in it for 2 sets of twins. 2 are in the 2nd row buckets, 2 are in the 3rd row. My wife hops up in that 3rd row every time. Works fine. Not quite as easy as the old minivan, but a lot cooler ride! : - )

·
Registered
10 ESV Plat;10 ESV Lux; 08 Suburban LTZ; 08 ESV-sold
39 Posts
To answer your Q, no there is no latch in the 3rd row :( But it doesnt mean you cant get car seats in there safely.

We have 3 car seats in the 3rd row, and an infant seatbase in one of the second row buckets and a booster in the other bucket. We had to experiment with different brands of car seats to get 3 to fit just right in the 3rd row, but we got it done. Let me know, and I can get the details from my wife.

We have 5 children 5 years old and younger, and are considering a 6th.... if anyone wants to trade 2nd row buckets for a second row bench, let me know :)

·
Registered
None
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the ans. Blade! :)

Its kinda unfathomable that this luxury model came out in 07 & doesn't have a latch for 3rd row. I know many baby seat can be installed without latch but I grown to really love the latch in all recent sedans. Its bad enough that the 3rd row doesn't fold flat down & its pain to remove (when u need to).

·
Registered
2014 ELR
174 Posts
To answer your Q, no there is no latch in the 3rd row :( But it doesnt mean you cant get car seats in there safely.
I could have sworn there was LATCH in at least one of the three spots in the third row. I'll have to look when I go out to the car later.

- Mark

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
1 Posts
Hey Blade,
Could you tell me your car seats, what brand/type? We just had twin boys so we total 5 children as well. My 2 older children in booster seat in the 3rd road seat which is a two seat with console in the middle. The middle has twin on passenger & driver side with 4 year old in booster in middle. My two oldest have to climb out the back hatch which is hard. We have an '07 Escalade ESV. Thanks!

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
2 Posts
Hi Blade,
We have triplets! Can you please tell me the car seats that you used ?
Regards,
Sunny

We have 3 car seats in the 3rd row, and an infant seatbase in one of the second row buckets and a booster in the other bucket. We had to experiment with different brands of car seats to get 3 to fit just right in the 3rd row, but we got it done. Let me know, and I can get the details from my wife.

We have 5 children 5 years old and younger, and are considering a 6th.... if anyone wants to trade 2nd row buckets for a second row bench, let me know :)

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,483 Posts
This thread has been dead for years and Blade has not logged in for 2 years. Look at the dates of old posts in this thread .............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts