Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
905 Posts
It’s crazy. Can’t even get a new Toyota Camry for that amount of money here.

Looks like a safe on wheels. Pretty solid. I would only have one if I had a driver, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
-Administrator-
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
66,891 Posts
That motor car loudly states "I have arrived !!!".

Mileage is 36084.

A V-12 at 6200 rpm is wonderful ear-ripping music. (Ferrari)

·
-Administrator-
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
66,891 Posts
Small-bore twin turbo V-12 - probably right in line with our V-8s.
EPA says 12 city, 20 highway.

Not the Bentley, but most of the Ferrari V-12s were small - 3 liters or so - engines with pistons the size of pencil erasers but gawamighty would they wind up - 9,000 rpm in some. And gas mileage wasn't bad for an engine with 6 dual-choke Webers.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,634 Posts
It's actually a W12. It's two VW VR6 engines fused together, basically. They are quite smooth.... took a Continental GT to 130mph for about an hour straight on the turnpike in FL at 2am once.

Felt like you were leisurely crusing at 55.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
905 Posts
Oh it is the W12. Well known here.
The two inner cylinder banks turn too hot and blow the heads and sealings. The V angle is small so it comes with one piece heads for both banks. VR6 made to suit small engine compartments like the Golf.

Had a friend with an A8 W12. Ended up with a new engine.

But the sound and engine culture is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally found this video I saw some time back. Not related to the Bentley but the thread title fits. I’d LOVE to drive this BMW.

·
Registered
'72 Eldorado Convertible, '97 Eldorado ETC, '93 Fleetwood
954 Posts
I would only have one if I had a driver, though.
That was the difference between your Rolls and your Bentley--you had a chauffeur for the Rolls, and drove your Bentley yourself. For years, the only non-social difference between the models was the hood and the emblem.

But since the company was broken up, the Rolls Royce 8 cylinder engine is long gone, and now they're "just" another expensive handbill luxury car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts