Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that some of you may remember my post about B&M not making our shifter anymore. Well I found out that they are making 100 more for atlantic speed. They were suppose to be done around the second week of June. I just talked with Atlantic Speed and they said it has been pushed back to July now. :rant2:

Gene

Oh by the way when I talked to B&M they said it will take a minimum order of 100 for them to make them. Can we get a 100 orders together?

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my son is going to buy for me for fathers day. He is 11 and insisting that he wants to use his own money. So the cost of the UUC is out of range for him. I have tried to find one used and they are just not around.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)
820 Posts
I know that some of you may remember my post about B&M not making our shifter anymore. Well I found out that they are making 100 more for atlantic speed. They were suppose to be done around the second week of June. I just talked with Atlantic Speed and they said it has been pushed back to July now. :rant2:

Gene

Oh by the way when I talked to B&M they said it will take a minimum order of 100 for them to make them. Can we get a 100 orders together?
Your answer is the word EBAY... Thats what i did and got a great deal...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your answer is the word EBAY... Thats what i did and got a great deal...:thumbsup:
I have checked every day for the last two months and there is nothing there:mad: Im open to suggestions.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
y'know I only spend ~100$ on my TPIS shifter...they send you a modified stock one, and you send them back your stock one...I love it, factory quiet and smooth with shorter shifts. You might wanna look into it.

Is it notchy and tight like the others though. That is what I want. Kinda the Vette feel.

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
Ya, I mean the tighter you go the notchier it's gonna feel, the only thing you can do with a short shifter is change the fulcrum...so their basically all the same...some may be shorter than others...but mine 'clicks' into gear....like I say a short shifter is a short shifter...I've never driven another V with a different shifter so I can't say for sure...but I can say you will love the tpis shifter...they've got the best price...and it's a factory shifter so it's quiet..which was the selling point for me....do a search for it, you'll find many happy people.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Nothing's going to improve the "vagueness" of the factory gearbox, as it is a result of the remote mounted shifter. Changing the fulcrum to a higher point on the lever decreases the distance the top has to move to engage a gear, as well as raising the effort required to move it (higher fulcrum = reduced leverage). Because you're pushing a little harder, it feels like it "clicks" into gear better, but it isn't.

I have a UUC and love it but it's no 'Vette or Miata shifter, that's for sure.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah that was the last one that I saw. It was last week. And until today I though I was going to buy one new. But now things have changed...arghhhh

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)
820 Posts
I have checked every day for the last two months and there is nothing there:mad: Im open to suggestions.
They always pop up every once in a while on EBAY. If your not in a rush keep checking and you will get one and save some money too:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
eh, then why so many frantic people covering their shifters with dynamat?? I thought the general concensus was that you could hear alot of tranny noise through it...if not then so be it...I still say 100$ for tpis is a better deal ;) but to each his own.
Not sure. Some people are just a little too sensitive I suppose. I have the UUC, but I drove a V with a B&M shifter and I couldn't even tell the difference.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
My B&M transmitted a loud clacking noise into my cabin. My bet is that it was chatter from my Z06 clutch, and that's why some owners hear it more than others. I'd be interested to see how many of the people who noticed noise have aftermarket flywheels or clutches.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey tony,

I am comming to kissimmee tomorrow and leaving sunday. I will not have my car but I want to check out your car. how can we make that happen?

gene

1 - 20 of 22 Posts