Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting on a set of B&B LT headers I bought from another forum member. Now I realize I am gonna go from a 3" header collector down to my 2.5" Magnaflow and will have to have a little custom fab work done with reducers.

Is anyone else running the B&B headers with another catback system like the Magnaflow or Corsa?

Can't wait to get em on so I can play with my EFILive some more. :bouncy:

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
I had the B&B headers mated to the CORSA.

Was ok for awhile until I realized (after a conversation with B&B) that it is not a great idea to neck down 3" to 2.5" and expect great flow (especially with a maggie).:tisk:

Ended up replacing the CORSA with the full B&B system. :thepan:

I don't regret it, but I wish I had done it in the first place. :mad:

MOD HELL

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the B&B headers mated to the CORSA.

Was ok for awhile until I realized (after a conversation with B&B) that it is not a great idea to neck down 3" to 2.5" and expect great flow (especially with a maggie).:tisk:

Ended up replacing the CORSA with the full B&B system. :thepan:

I don't regret it, but I wish I had done it in the first place. :mad:

MOD HELL
Yep, I spoke with B&B about it and got the same warning. They also told me it wouldn't flow any worse than another header with 2.5" collectors mated to my Magnaflow. So from that perspective I feel like I can upgrade to a full 3" system down the road if I want.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Strangely i just checked and the Kooks and Stainless Works headers all have 3" collectors so with any header it appears I would be necking down to 2.5" with my Magnaflows.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
B&B..
B&B..
B&B..
YEAH!
Oh the strength it takes to endure the temptation of B&B long tube headers.
Sure has been one hell of a fight.
This has to be a sin.

T

·
0 Posts
Scott please do all B&B so the police around here will leave me alone! Still need to stop by! Will you be in town this week?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scott please do all B&B so the police around here will leave me alone! Still need to stop by! Will you be in town this week?
Davin - I will be around this weekend. Plan on swapping in my Hawks pads and 160 degree thermostat this weekend, probably on Saturday. Had plans to install my Specter Werks spoiler but I couldn't wait and put that on last nite. :stirpot:

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Davin - I will be around this weekend. Plan on swapping in my Hawks pads and 160 degree thermostat this weekend, probably on Saturday. Had plans to install my Specter Werks spoiler but I couldn't wait and put that on last nite. :stirpot:

Stop trying to out-Mod me :dammit:

;)

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
B&B..
B&B..
B&B..
YEAH!
Oh the strength it takes to endure the temptation of B&B long tube headers.
Sure has been one hell of a fight.
This has to be a sin.
Word of warning, do not drive someones car with the B&B's.

I tried and I used every excuse not to buy them and there are a few. I gave in and it's been a hell of a ride to get them in but B&B is a top notch company and now I can't imagine not having the headers. 2 words explain it, Bad A$$!

Good luck in holding back GM, I couldn't do it.

·
Registered
17,712 Posts
Slight Typo, I meant the B&B Lt's. :banghead:

The one problem you will have is you will be setting alarms off just idling by the car!

When I put the headers on my car I ended up putting the resonator on to keep out of Divorce court! :shhh:

Oh boy it does bring out the inner child with the headers and X-pipe on the car, wishin' I was driving her now! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
17,712 Posts
You've been ticketed for a loud exhaust, points for that!

I had fun while it lasted. Setting off the Alarms was fun and it was cool that it happened while the car was idling so no one would think I did it on purpose, too cool.

I have chose the same final config you have - B&B LT's, Catted connection pipes, and a Resonator.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
With just the X-pipe, and when I have a cop behind me or on the side of me, I damn near want to turn the car off until they leave.
I compare it to trying to hush up a crying baby in church or a movie!

I would like to hear the entire B&B package(Headers back), either one of you got some video clips.

T

·
0 Posts
Scott
With all this your doing now I'm going to have to do more. You want to help me install as Fast 90 and a direct port nitrous? Joking! I think I want a new motor with twin turbos.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts