Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, Raven/Ebony; Harley Fatboy; Harley Ultra-Classic
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well today we installed my B&B headers and B&B "touring" style exhaust, and Jesse at Wait4Me gave me a dyno tune. We didn't run a baseline dyno because we were tight on time and we were trying to get the car cooled off enough to work on it. After the install and tune, my highest power/torque results were 443/402 at the rear wheels, but Jesse backed out some additional timing to get the ratios just right, and that knocked my final numbers down just a bit to 439/397. Interestingly, I was right at 500 hp at the flywheel.

Attachments

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,268 Posts
Yes ... very good numbers. Bet it sounds good, too.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It really sounds great to me - very low rumble at idle and the cam gives it a rather evil cadence. And with the "touring" style exhaust with the center resonators, I really don't think I'll wake the neighbors - unless I want to.

I don't know if the mic in my little GoPro camera will do it justice, but I'll try to record some video and post it here if it's worth listening to.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is some A/V I just recorded. Out of respect for the neighbors, I didn't get on it too much.

·
Registered
2004 Raven Black CTS-V
135 Posts
Great numbers! :thumbsup: Dont you just love the sound of the B&B? It really is hard to capture the sound of it with a camera....there is just so much bass!!!

Btw, I just broke down and ordered the x-pipe center section to replace my resonator. Moohoohahaha!:devil:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great numbers! :thumbsup: Dont you just love the sound of the B&B? It really is hard to capture the sound of it with a camera....there is just so much bass!!!

Btw, I just broke down and ordered the x-pipe center section to replace my resonator. Moohoohahaha!:devil:
I'm looking forward to hearing that next month at our Indy meet!!

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Holy Shnikeys.....nice numbers!

I guess I'm going to have to go down there and run mine on that dyno and have him work on my tune as well!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess I'm going to have to go down there and run mine on that dyno and have him work on my tune as well!
You should!! Jesse is the real deal. There's a reason that V owners from all over the world have Jesse tune their LS motors - and he's right here in Indiana. He had a 900hp V2 from Texas in the shop while I was there. Pretty impressive stuff.

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
Hush hush on the v2!

:) Glad you had a good time and we got everything done for you. The car definatly sounds good now!.

Sorry my V couldnt get good enough traction to give you a good ride....

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hush hush on the v2!

:) Glad you had a good time and we got everything done for you. The car definatly sounds good now!.

Sorry my V couldnt get good enough traction to give you a good ride....
Thanks, Jesse. It was a great day and I learned a lot!! And I love everything you did on the car - including you fixing some pre-existing problems that I had no idea about. Now I need to save up enough money to come back up for the LS3 conversion!!!

And your V got plenty of traction - enough to make that my favorite trip to a parts store ever!!! (Now I wanna go 0-100 in 3 seconds in your GTM supercar!! Unbelievable!!)

·
Registered
04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq
1,781 Posts
Sweet! Nice numbers and congrats on the exhaust system. You can always install some cutouts (not sure about cutting B&B) for those moments you want it LOUD.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah, my mechanic is also recommending to me to go LS3 instead of camming my LS6
He says with mild cam & headers easy 500 rear wheel HP.....quoted me $6k for LS3 installed.....

[email protected]
Jesse has me convinced that's the way to go too, if something significant breaks on this motor - and his price is also very reasonable (less than a Maggie).

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Man, having driven this set-up for 4 days now, I have so say that I am completely knocked out. I love it. The performance is awesome and the exhaust note is perfect. I was parallel-parked in front of a pub/restaurant a few minutes ago, and I started the V with the remote starter, and several people immediately looked outside at my car. Ordinarily, I'm not one to try to attract a lot of attention and I was a little uncomfortable, but then I realized that nearly everyone who noticed the car start was either nodding in approval or smiiling. Then I went to walk out the door, and four separate tables stopped me with either a quick "nice car," or wanting to know more details about it. And of course I got the usual "what is that?" question from folks who had no idea what a V is. That deep, smooth tone of the full B&B set-up is indeed intoxicating and a lot of fun.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 24 Posts