Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V CAI, CAM, BB X-pipe, Baer Extreme Plus
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure what there is about driving in late to the office that seems to help me find the fun cars on the way to work.
I was sitting at the on ramp to a freeway and what do I see next to me? A newer Audi RS6 (unsure of the year). The guy driving knew what my car was, but I guess he has not lined up yet against the Mighty V. :lildevil:
I need to start off by saying the morning was great as far as weather (around 60 degrees and a slight over cast morning, great for making horse power). So he gets the green light before me and takes off into the traffic. I tried to keep up but traffic would not let me safely stay with him. Some how I ended up next to him and I was coming up to my off ramp. I hopped in the off ramp lane and gave my V plenty of fuel. He followed and tried to stay with me. I pulled about three cars on him before I had to shut down to make the off ramp transition to the cross street. Then on the cross street he and I had full reign until the next light, I left very hard (he has twin turbo and all wheel drive), with mild wheel hop and still cold tires I leave and stay out in front of him pretty good (2 – 3 cars). We pulled up short of the light and talked. He was very nice and was telling me how he just bought a New M5, and is selling his car. He said “There must be something wrong with my car cause it is supposed to be real fast, and you just left me every time”. I said “well that is a real nice car and of course a new M5 is a nice car as well”. He was a doctor (wearing scrubs) and seemed to be a real nice guy, commenting on my car and just kept looking at the badge (front V near the front wheels) saying “man that car is fast”. When the light turned green we both left under MUCH horse power and I got the better of the lanes, I left and we both waved bye.
Great morning here in AZ.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Great Story....sounds like a real "stand-up guy"....I'm in Scottsdale, flying out at noon today for Aspen, then on to Michigan....Sorry I couldn't stay longer to meet you. If you check this before noon...call me.....248-613-9000....Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
Nice, John. Hmmm... given the commuting coincidence, you may see him again when he gets that M5. Let us know how it turns out!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should I find him in his new M5, I will of course try my best to make him then go buy a different faster car. :histeric:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flyboy said:
Great Story....sounds like a real "stand-up guy"....I'm in Scottsdale, flying out at noon today for Aspen, then on to Michigan....Sorry I couldn't stay longer to meet you. If you check this before noon...call me.....248-613-9000....Thanks
Good talking to you, have a safe flight.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I'm soooo jealous. On top of my rear end getting replaced at Legends Cadillac, I've been working Monday through Friday in Vegas. I haven't driven my V to work yet. Only weekend driving so far. :(

·
Registered
153 Posts
Dgtal,
Way off topic but I am flying in on the 26th to watch my old team play against the Sun Devils in the Insight Bowl. Any good drinking spots in Phoenix you could share (prefer pub to club). You can e-mail me at tomlinATdivergenttechnologyDOTus unless you think others on the forum could benefit from this info. Thanks.
Nick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Verbs,

I had the rear end of my 2004 replaced by Luke at Legends but after maybe 1000 miles its making almost as much noise as it did before the replacement. (45 mph is so loud its embarrasing when people ride with me) How was your experience?

·
Registered
597 Posts
AZCTSV said:
Verbs,

I had the rear end of my 2004 replaced by Luke at Legends but after maybe 1000 miles its making almost as much noise as it did before the replacement. (45 mph is so loud its embarrasing when people ride with me) How was your experience?
Legends and the GM rep gave me a hard time. they were really interrogating me hard core trying to find a reason not to warranty my rear end. Asking me why the tires were so worn, what I was doing at the time, where the car got towed from, etc.

They told me that if it happened again the repair would be on me, which is bullshit.

So far no clunk or whine, I got the 2006 upgraded rear end. I've only been babying it so far to break it in right.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Verbs, AZCTSV, DgtalPimp, have a question for you (and anyone else on here from general Phoenix area).

How do you rate the various Phoenix Cadillac dealers? Mostly I am looking for feedback on Legends Cadillac, up in N. Scottsdale since it is closest to my house. Any positive or negative experience, or anything you can tell me about them?

After Legends, next closest to me is Lund Cadillac, but its a decent bit farther.

Anyway, any feedback you have both good and bad for these dealers would great be appreciated (but mostly Legends, if they are good, I'll be using them mostly for service/maintenance).

Legends:
Lund:
Coulter:
Kachina:

I checked the CadillacFAQ's on dealer rankings, and there was only 1 ranking.

Thanks guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts