Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,600 Posts
Ok. Forgive me , i apologize if i offended you by saying opinion. I said its your opinion becuase it is your belief based of the manual's lack of inclusion and not a hard fact. So yes I understand your point "XTS's are said to not have it"

Yes I did mention the manual..you keep missing that I said maintenance for said item is in the manual.

The logical explanation: The standard(base if you want to call it that) fwd XTS vehicles at my dealership (US) did/do not have electric steering. The standard fwd switched to electric power steering as of MY14.. the standard 13s like mine use hydraulic power steering electric assisted. The manual did not include this rare pokemon, idk maybe it wouldve caused too much confusion(3rd factor)? Most buyers opted for livery,luxury and up where these details you show from the manual apply spot on.

No i do not have AWD. LOL My next picture could be of the underside of the car.. but i really don't care that much to go out again and get on the ground to prove a point. The real point is to others reading is know whats under your hood by looking. They really don't expect you to work on your car anyway. Cadillac lives off of service. The owner's manual isnt 100% correct or thorough.

Now... show me the '13 service manual !
Just kidding
When I bought my car, the financing guy wanted me to get undercoating which he said would also be on the undersurface of the hood, but guys who buy Cadillacs don't go there. My reply was ' I go there quite often'. That raised his eyebrows, lol.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Selling undercoating is so 1980...
It is, and not needed with todays new cars, but they want to make some extra $ on the sale. That said, this Dealership has treated me very well from sale onwards. I shopped at the right time of year and month and they agreed to an awesome deal. My salesman is a great guy - one of only two I've met out of the many.

·
Banned
2013 XTS + 2011 SRX4
21 Posts
It is, and not needed with todays new cars, but they want to make some extra $ on the sale. That said, this Dealership has treated me very well from sale onwards. I shopped at the right time of year and month and they agreed to an awesome deal. My salesman is a great guy - one of only two I've met out of the many.
Yes, this!
Once you build a relationship with a good salesperson they will actually downsell (keep the zurich paint shield to themselves) to keep you haha..

I want a new caddy maybe next year but the discontinuation of the xts and ct6 is beyond dissapapointing. I like bigger engine sound, space, and magride. I would have to get a ct5-v just to get close specs and still would be sacrificing interior space. If the xt4 had a lively and planted V-variant i would hop on the crossover train(my srx feels like truck), but its just their crossovers are not confident performers.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Yes, this!
Once you build a relationship with a good salesperson they will actually downsell (keep the zurich paint shield to themselves) to keep you haha..

I want a new caddy maybe next year but the discontinuation of the xts and ct6 is beyond dissapapointing. I like bigger engine sound, space, and magride. I would have to get a ct5-v just to get close specs and still would be sacrificing interior space. If the xt4 had a lively and planted V-variant i would hop on the crossover train(srx feels like truck), but its just too underpowered.
Right! The end of the line for the XTS, CTS, and CT6 is highly disappointing to me...the XTS especially since it was made in Canada and a lot of good people became unemployed.

Hopefully (not holding my breath) the CT4 & CT5 will have some design improvements (many needed imo to = the XTS, CTS, and CT6). I especially don't care for the Tablet CUE look sitting like it was placed on a shelf on the dash face, but otherwise the interior is 'okay' - not fond of the knob buttons (I know some - maybe many like them), and believe it or not - I miss the sharp looking piano black. Piano black with an integrated CUE and touch controls makes the interior of the XTS/CTS/CT6 look like the cabin of a futuristic car or some spaceship. I like the CT4 & CT5 as it looks from the front and rear (except for the 3rd brake light not being in the spoiler - which was my one disappointment with the CT6 as well). But from the side I think it looks way too close to a BMW...where's that Cadillac distinction (other than the badge)!

·
Registered
2016 XTS platinum plus
177 Posts
I don't know when it was introduced. But my 2016 FWD has lane keep assist, which is only available on the FWD, and not available on the AWD. It was one of the reasons I went with the FWD version.
Same here and I like the lane keep assist. Plus with the FWD you get 10% better gas mileage and power to the ground.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Same here and I like the lane keep assist. Plus with the FWD you get 10% better gas mileage and power to the ground.
Lane Departure warning is good enough for me, I don`t think I would care for the car nudging the steering wheel in the lane keep assist.
I would however like to have the automatic parking assist, but only the calculation of the parking spot ie. will the car fit or not which would take the estimating factor out of parallel parking especially since this car is about 6 inches longer than my G1 SRX. I would not want the actual taking over of the parking (which I would have a hard time trusting).
The rear and front park assist I really like as it lets me know how close I am to an object.

The power to the ground is the same between FWD and AWD, but the 0-60 time is about three tenths of a second faster for the FWD, and gas mileage is about 7% better for the FWD. The AWD`s figures are lower because it is heavier. Just as a footnote, I am getting much better gas mileage on the highway than the EPA says (28 FWD, 26 AWD). Mine is AWD and I average about 30 to 31 MPG (US) on the highway. Since I changed out the grille, I am getting about 33 - 34 MPG HWY. 99% of miles I drive are highway, so I don`t have a city or combined number. Also, since changing out the grille, by butt dyno says it is significantly faster (very noticeable off the line, and merging onto the highway. Not sure why that is, but my guess would be better air flow, but my MPG has improved, which is odd since one would think that more air flow would result in more gas being used due to the computer compensating for more air by increasing the amount of gas to air ratio. Footnote 2: the listed 0 - 60 times vary when checking different sources (6.4 vs 6.7 for the FWD none v sport).

·
Registered
2016 XTS platinum plus
177 Posts
Power to the ground can't be the same because you use power driving the gears of the AWD.

·
Registered
26 Posts
16 Vsport Premium here. Only owned for a week now but the 6.5 hr drive from Tampa to South Ga then 4.5 hr to North Georgia i averaged 27.2 mpg and thats hand calculated. Miles divided by gallons pumped. Ive read on here ,I think, that tuning might yield another 1-1.5 mpg...if the AWD XTS twin turbo 3.6 can obtain 28mpg while producing....whatever Luvernois says their tune will produce then im not worried about any loss of anything due to awd over fwd. The added security of awd is more than worth it,in my own personal humble opinion. Ran around 75-85 mph for the most on highway. Staying out of the turbo's are key. On the way back down to Augusta this past Sunday I averaged 25.8 sand had cruise set at 81mph.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
16 Vsport Premium here. Only owned for a week now but the 6.5 hr drive from Tampa to South Ga then to North Georgia i averaged 27.2 mpg and thats hand calculated. Miles divided by gallons pumped. Ive read on here ,I think, that tuning might yield another 1-1.5 mpg...if the AWD XTS twin turbo 3.6 can obtain 28mpg while producing....whatever Luvernois says their tune will produce then im not worried about any loss of anything due to awd over fwd. The added security of awd is more than worth it,in my own personal humble opinion. Ran around 75-85 mph for the most on highway. Staying out of the turbo's are key.
For sure AWD is needed where I live. The FWD cars I've had did not handle near as well in the snow, and I'm not racing or tracking this car so 3 tenths of a second is no big deal to me. That said, I take most vehicles off the line, and I'm not even trying.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For sure AWD is needed where I live. The FWD cars I've had did not handle near as well in the snow, and I'm not racing or tracking this car so 3 tenths of a second is no big deal to me. That said, I take most vehicles off the line, and I'm not even trying.
AWD or I'll pass...Basically what kept me from just going with a Impala ltz...fwd only...actually wondered why GM didn't make a Impale SS and used the vsport motor and Awd....I love the Caddy tho

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Some people get all bent out of shape when they are mistaken about something, lol.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
AWD or I'll pass...Basically what kept me from just going with a Impala ltz...fwd only...actually wondered why GM didn't make a Impale SS and used the vsport motor and Awd....I love the Caddy tho
Yep, as I mentioned - where I live in the Great White North it is needed imo.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
16 Vsport Premium here. Only owned for a week now but the 6.5 hr drive from Tampa to South Ga then 4.5 hr to North Georgia i averaged 27.2 mpg and thats hand calculated. Miles divided by gallons pumped. Ive read on here ,I think, that tuning might yield another 1-1.5 mpg...if the AWD XTS twin turbo 3.6 can obtain 28mpg while producing....whatever Luvernois says their tune will produce then im not worried about any loss of anything due to awd over fwd. The added security of awd is more than worth it,in my own personal humble opinion. Ran around 75-85 mph for the most on highway. Staying out of the turbo's are key. On the way back down to Augusta this past Sunday I averaged 25.8 sand had cruise set at 81mph.
Yes, I hear that using the turbos creates a thirsty beast! At that speed it looks like you got really good mileage.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Democracy definition of Forum: a place, meeting, or medium where ideas, knowledge and views on a particular subject or issue are expressed.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts