Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Escalade
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Escalade with AWD. It has 74,000 miles and everything is working great. We recently bought a Diesel pusher RV and would like to keep the Escalade, but convert it to 4WD. Has anyone done this? I did have an idea of putting a driveline disconnect and locking front hubs, but I'm doubtful that anyone makes locking hubs for the Escalade. (I would only use them while towing) It seems like a 2006 Tahoe transfer case would be an easy swap, but I can find anyone who has done it, or if the question was asked only dumb replies asking why they would want to do that. I have priced 2007 Tahoes and one similar equipped with our Escalade if I can find one with low miles is almost 10k more than I can sell the escalade for.

Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Just get a flat bed trailer it's cheaper

That's what I would do as you would be throwing more money then it would be worth either way(convert or trade)

The escalade is not setup electronically to work a part time four wheel drive setup(even if the hardware can be swapped successfully) also there is no locking hubs now it's in the front differential

I have seen people tow these with a trailer behind a rv and it's less wear and tear on the vehicle anyways that's being towed

·
Registered
36 Posts
The transfer case that would enable TOAD towing behind your motorhome is the NV246. That is found on the 2500 YukonXLs and Suburbans of the same year as your 2006 Escalade. You might be able to trade straight across, but while you would gain a more capable drivetrain, you might lose a few creature comforts you have in your Escalade, depending on the options in your trade.

Surprisingly, many of the 2500 Suburbans and YukonXLs are equipped with the same comforts as the Escalade Platinum, including power seats with memory, touch screen navigation, heated driver and passenger seats, power folding mirrors, power moonroof, rear seat DVD entertainment, etc. The Escalade offers the tacked on exterior design cladding, cooled front seats, rear heated seats, and a Bulgari clock with wood rim, but other than that, the vehicles are virtually identical inside as far as function.

Currently, fully optioned 2500 models with the NV246 transfer case are in the $8K to $9K range.

If you can sell your 2006 for the same or higher, you would be trading straight across, by the time taxes are contemplated.

Otherwise, a flatbed trailer or better yet, an enclosed trailer behind your motorhome is the way to go, for about $5K to $7K, depending on the options, length, and height.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts