Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2010 SRX
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a warning to those considering a new or used SRX. Unless you really have your heart set on having the sunroof, I would avoid it. I have spent $1800 in the last nine months on my 2010 SRX all due to the sunroof leaking. If you search through this forum you will see that problems with the SRX sunroof are well documented. There are Cadillac service personnel monitoring this forum that will contact you and offer assistance, but they are not really empowered to help resolve any problems.

If you purchase a new vehicle and plan to trade it in before the warranty expires, you'll obviously be okay. However, if you plan on keeping an SRX for a while, I would avoid the sunroof altogether.

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
Just a warning to those considering a new or used SRX. Unless you really have your heart set on having the sunroof, I would avoid it. I have spent $1800 in the last nine months on my 2010 SRX all due to the sunroof leaking. If you search through this forum you will see that problems with the SRX sunroof are well documented. There are Cadillac service personnel monitoring this forum that will contact you and offer assistance, but they are not really empowered to help resolve any problems.

If you purchase a new vehicle and plan to trade it in before the warranty expires, you'll obviously be okay. However, if you plan on keeping an SRX for a while, I would avoid the sunroof altogether.
There is a recall on the leaking sunroof issue. Apparently if you have already spent money on having it fixed, there is a way to get reimbursed. I don't know how the reimbursement is done but another forum member posted that she did it. Here is her profile: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/member.php?u=117456

Check here to see if your vehicle is on the recall: https://recalls.gm.com

·
Registered
14 SRX Luxury
613 Posts
I've had the leaky sunroof hose replaced and it really wasn't that big of a deal. The way I understand it use or non use doesn't make any difference, that tube can still come loose.

·
Registered
SRX Performance
48 Posts
it may just be me but in looking at other SRX's in my area i don't recall having seen one without the sunroof

·
0 Posts
Base Model not available all other models Lux Perf Premium all have the roof there is no sunroof delete
it may just be me but in looking at other SRX's in my area i don't recall having seen one without the sunroof

·
Registered
2013 SRX Performance
94 Posts
If your sunroof leaks and causes electronic failures why not just leave it closed and caulk the seam with GE Clear Silicon. The sun shade will still work and the leaks will go away. Capt. George

·
0 Posts
Its a Cadillac
if your sunroof leaks and causes electronic failures why not just leave it closed and caulk the seam with ge clear silicon. The sun shade will still work and the leaks will go away. Capt. George

·
Registered
2012 AWD Performance SRX
93 Posts
How nice would a sunroof delete option be (on the Performance and Premium levels) when the SRX is revamped? Now I know this would never happen but if available I would jump on it when I decide to trade in my 2012 Performance SRX.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
How nice would a sunroof delete option be (on the Performance and Premium levels) when the SRX is revamped? Now I know this would never happen but if available I would jump on it when I decide to trade in my 2012 Performance SRX.
+1

and +2

and +3

and +4

etc.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
My wife and most people want a sunroof. I have no use for one, even though I have never had a problem with a sunroof, in the many vehicles I have owned. I have yet to open the sunroof on either my SRX or CTS-V, other then accidentally hitting the wrong button when trying to operate the shade.

·
Registered
2018 XT5
600 Posts
I've had many GM vehicles with sun roofs and only leaks I ever had was when I forgot to close it. Like checking oil or tires its your job, but it should ALSO be part of the checklist the dealer uses when you come in for a oil change checkup.

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac SRX, Crystal Red
28 Posts
allGM is spot on . I have never had trouble with mine . On a summer night cruise I like to open it up , as close to a convertable I have ever had . One thing I did do was remove the cross bars on the roof rack , my salesman told me that you shouldnt drive around with them on unless you are using them . Plus , it seems they are a hot item for thieves right now .

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Premium silver-coast/shale-brownstone
709 Posts
It was a problem with the first model year, the drain hoses were cut too short. Not all 2010s were affected either from my understanding.

Max

·
Registered
SRX Performance
48 Posts
I don't think it was only the first year that had a problem since i got a recall notice for the drains to be replaced and mine is a 2012

It was a problem with the first model year, the drain hoses were cut too short. Not all 2010s were affected either from my understanding.

Max

1 - 18 of 18 Posts