Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
XT5
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2020 Ford Lincoln Aviator is an Explorer based rear wheel drive SUV with a longitudinal 400 hp V-6 and has a 6,700 lb tow rating. Good-by Cadillac!

And the Autostop eliminator for this Ford is $100, without unwanted complications!

·
Registered
73 Posts
It is a beautiful vehicle inside and out. In my opinion, sets the standards. Consumer Reports said a consistent complaint from those with broad shoulders is the seatbacks are too narrow. Reminds me of a cross between the Range Rover and the Q7. It's big. I think it competes more against the XT6 than the XT5. I have not driven it but it is reported to be among the best riding in its class. The adaptive suspension tech is pretty cool. It looks down the road, anticipates hits, adjusts the air suspension, then evaluates if its adjustments were correct, and adjusts again if needed. Pretty cool. I would have thought they would have used the magnetic fluid tech but it seems to work if we believe the reports. I like that it is an American made vehicle. Have you driven it yet? Supposed to be pretty good at 0-60 too...not too important to me but nice to have/know. The Nautilus is really nice too.

·
Registered
2006, 2014 CTS, Currently 2018 XT5
352 Posts
My XT5 comes off lease in about 14 months and I've been eyeballin' the new Lincoln Corsair. I find it to be very good looking inside and out. Light years better then the MKC or MKX or whatever they were called. I have NEVER owned a Ford product in my 62 years and maybe it's time I do. My XT5 is my 3rd Cadillac and I'm happy with it and have no complaints but that Corsair really caught my eye.

·
Registered
73 Posts
We've owned an Explorer and a Fusion w/o any problems. As a retired cop, I have had many Fords issued to me with no problems but aggressive fleet maintenance protocols. Though I never had one issued to me, the F150 was the exception. The guys in my Unit had them in the shop constantly, but we beat the heck out of them too. I think the Lincolns retain their value better than the Cadillac. Like the MKC, it shares underpinnings with the Escape. It gets excellent reviews except on predicted reliability, some stupid controls (lumbar adjustment from the infotainment for example) and overall MPG of 23. Gorgeous vehicle.

·
Registered
XT5
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looked at one through the window as dealership is not open til Tuesday. Awfully big and heavy but smaller and cheaper than an Escalade. Unlike the XTs, it is RWD based and will not have the annoying remnants of torque steer (aggravated when towing.) Not time for me to buy yet and I would hope the Aviator would place additional pressure on Cad to go to a RWD platform from their performance side for the XTs before then. My hands know where the XT's controls are and I like a center shift lever. I thought the Aviator had a cool retro radio with mechanical buttons but that is the gearshift (like the old Torqueflite.)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I hope that you find it meets your needs. Interested in hearing more about your experience with the vehicle during the test drive. I'm not buying one (too big for me) but I have a general interest in pretty much anything with a motor and wheels intended for adults!

·
Registered
XT5
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Aviator supposedly incorporates an O2 concentrator into the HVAC allowing the cabin air to be compensated for loses to our respiratory systems or to be intentionally O2 rich to improve attitudes or alleviate hangovers. Apparently this would be both legal and desirable.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Aviator supposedly incorporates an O2 concentrator into the HVAC allowing the cabin air to be compensated for loses to our respiratory systems or to be intentionally O2 rich to improve attitudes or alleviate hangovers. Apparently this would be both legal and desirable.
Well, if it's true, let's chip in, buy one, and get Davedogcaddy to retrofit it to the XT5. Only after he does the wireless module video though. O2 on-demand sounds awesome. Not a big drinker but would help for late-night return trips from Gators games.

Tongue in cheek for the record...qualifying since I'm the new guy!

·
Registered
XT5
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aviators, 2020 Explorer built by evil Chicago workers and possessed by demons. No wonder Ford stock off 50%:
"I traded a 2006 Chrysler 300C with a Hemi engine that I bought new and never had a lick of problems," she said. "I bought the Aviator off the lot. And I was having problems driving home from the dealership. Weird lights were going on and off, warning lights. The system said people were in the back seat, and there weren't. It came to a complete and sudden stop while I was going in reverse, when I was backing up in my driveway. That hurt like the dickens. The rearview mirrors were flapping like wings. I thought, 'Oh, sweet baby Jesus. This is awful. It was like a demon.' "

·
Registered
141 Posts
Why are you constantly posting stuff about other brands here? Isn't there a Lincoln SUV forum somewhere? I suspect if anyone else had any interest in this model, they'd rather go there to learn more, not search here.

·
Registered
XT5
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hoping that Cad management reviews this column occasionally and I can taunt them into making the next XT5 rear drive based with greater tow capacity, They should also dump stop-start. When the time comes, I'd like to stick with the XT5 but I would like it to be more like an Aviator.

·
Registered
2017 XT5, Platinum, Dark Granite Metallic, 20" Ultra-Bright
1,618 Posts
Hoping that Cad management reviews this column occasionally and I can taunt them into making the next XT5 rear drive based with greater tow capacity, They should also dump stop-start. When the time comes, I'd like to stick with the XT5 but I would like it to be more like an Aviator.
FAT CHANCE

·
Registered
141 Posts
LOL

·
Registered
XT5
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cad management seems to be about as stable as my bipolar brother and you never know what he is going to do. The trick in getting people to do unlikely things is to let them think they figured it out themselves. Also, I just wanted to respond to a fair question.

·
Registered
2018 XT5
668 Posts
The worst thing I hate about the new 4 and 5’s is the dimmed displays for some items. Example the D for drive on my 18 5 is always a bright white. On my 19 4 and 20 loaner 5 it’s a dim red and impossible to read with sun glasses on. Same with other read outs on the displays.

·
Registered
2017 XT5, Platinum, Dark Granite Metallic, 20" Ultra-Bright
1,618 Posts
Saw a 2020 Aviator today on a local street. That is one ugly vehicle. It reminds me of the Ford Flex. It does not have any flowing lines. Just a big box.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts