Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XTS Platinum
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a good price off sticker on a $45K 2010 SRX....? I noticed that the margin came down significantly since 2 years ago...There seems to be only a $2k difference between base price and invoice....Is this correct?

·
Registered
2010 Platinum Ice SRX4 Luxury Collection +Nav +RSE - 35,000M
250 Posts
I had a real hard time getting the dealer to come anything off of MSRP. The dealer is turning these things around where I live and is not willing to negotiate much. I threated to walk out :want: (actually got up and "took a break" towards the front door) every game in the book, and he still wouldn't come down. I got him to give me some more money on my trade and to give me the few rebates out on the vehicle.

At first, I thought he was just talking smack about moving them... but since I bought it, every time I go to the dealer, its new ones. They really are selling here.

·
Registered
04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon
1,803 Posts
^ +1
They are selling so well, they do not have to discount them. Other than GMS, I got $500.00 off, for waiving the
right to bring it back. That's about as good as it gets

·
Registered
2010 SRX
14 Posts
We git $1000.00 plus the $500 for waiving the ability to return the vehicle in (30/60 days can't remember which).

·
Registered
2010 SRX
14 Posts
We got $1000.00 plus the $500 for waiving the ability to return the vehicle in (30/60 days can't remember which).

·
Registered
14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic
3,074 Posts
Yea, SRX's are hot, in demand, and backlogged right now, so deals are sparse if at all. If one is on the lot, it probably won't be for long.

I was able to swing $1000 off sticker, $1000 for GM loyalty, and $3300 for Cash for Clunkers (CANADA).

I tried to get the 30 Money Back Guarantee waived, but it seems most Canadian dealers aren't allowed to, or don't even want to.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Platinum
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there a 30 day money back guarantee on the 2010 SRX now? I thought it was a 60 day guarantee...

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
Is there a 30 day money back guarantee on the 2010 SRX now? I thought it was a 60 day guarantee...
It's 60 days. And you are correct; the margins are MUCH smaller...so, not much negotiating room without manufacturer incentives.

·
Registered
2010 SRX Performance AWD
69 Posts
I got the $500 for waiving the ability to return the vehicle in (60 days) plus $1000 plus $750 for being retired from the military using USAA Auto Insurance. Walked out pretty satisfied with the deal even though they are also selling these SRX's so quickly up here in New England. Good Dealership! Although still not driving it much because of the defective front struts with the valving issue.....still waiting GM/Cadillac!!!

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
I think we got around around $3000 off. We got GMS, $500 for !60 day return, and another $1000 for trading in a non GM vehicle (Jeep).

·
Registered
2010 SRX (previously 2005 CTS)
71 Posts
We got $1,000 for trading in a non GM vehicle plus $500 for waiving the return option. They gave us the cost of the rear entertainment center back (we didn't want it but it was already in the vehicle) which was around $1,000. They also threw in the first oil change for free and free seat coating (something like scotchguard for leather). We were able to negotiate a little on what they gave us for our trade-in, but we had done our homework and knew what the vehicle was worth. All in all, we were very satisified. :yup:

Side note.... we were at the dealer yesterday and they had 7 on the lot and one in the showroom. Every time we have been there they seem to have different ones on the lot so it looks like they are selling pretty well.

·
Registered
2010 SRX
24 Posts
The 60 day guarantee/alternative ended on 1/5/10. Incentives for loyalty and conquest sales may or may not be available depending upon where you live. There is no loyalty/conquest available in the Northeast. There is an incentive available for USAA members nationally. There is typically a 5.71% markup on the vehicle. Not much profit margin. When you factor in the advertising that most dealers participate in that leaves about $2000 in markup. A little known program that makes it easy to negotiate is the Credit Union member program that allows a member of any credit union the ability to buy at a preferred/supplier price listed on the invoice. If you're not a member now, check with your dealer first and see if he'll honor credit union pricing and what that price is (it's listed on the invoice) THEN join a credit union. PM me if you have any questions. I'm a Personal Auto Shopper with ties to GM dealerships.

·
Registered
14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic
3,074 Posts
Yes, i was incorrect in posting 30. I meant 60. That's what happens when coming off of night shifts.

·
Registered
2010 SRX GF-LUX (FWD)
32 Posts
We bought our GF-LUX(fwd) for $500-bucks under invoice.
We started looking in October and got serious about the SRX in November.
The sales rep thinks GM under-priced the SRX and that forced it to slash the price of its popular CTS just to keep up.

·
Registered
2010 SRX Turbo
3 Posts
JUst picked up my 2010 Turbo,loaded perfromance, list 52,995.00.. Bought it for $47,100 with credit union , $1,000 acura credit and hard negotiation. Has 148 miles on it. Im happy

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Platinum Red Passion
148 Posts
JUst picked up my 2010 Turbo,loaded perfromance, list 52,995.00.. Bought it for $47,100 with credit union , $1,000 acura credit and hard negotiation. Has 148 miles on it. Im happy
Congrats!

Pricing for me was GMS pricing plus the additional $1,000 off for employee pricing.

·
Registered
2013 Premium, Radiant Silver
717 Posts
MSRP 45,965. Dealer price 43,079. Was pretty happy with that, cause most others only wanted to come $1500 off. Also got my $1000 GM card rebate. First oil change free, and a %10 off voucher for any part from their parts dept.

·
Registered
2010 SRX
31 Posts
Dealer in Lake Wales Florida discounted $1,500 off MSRP. I got $1,000 for being a Saturn owner plus $3,613 in credit from my GM credit card. Total $6,113. I have the GMS option but I get a better deal using the rebate credit off my GM card. I have the old, you cannot get it anymore, card that rebates 5% off everything you purchase. During this last holiday season, they made it 10% for one month.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts