Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac STS
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 STS and I was wondering what mileage I should be getting on the highway?? My display is telling I am getting at best 12.3 L/100KM doing around 100- 120KM. Is this a normal mileage for my car??? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2010 Black Cherry CTS AWD
263 Posts
With my 99 SLS, I get 21-22 MPG around where I live and about 29-30.5 MPG at about 80. If I knew the conversion rates, I would give you my opinion. Hope my info helps.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,785 Posts
Sorry, I do not speak metric but in english, you should be getting somewhere in the high 20's (MPG) at highway speeds in cruise.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac STS
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don’t know if I did the conversions right but I believe I’m getting around 18mpg I was doing 74Mph. is this bad? If so could my ignition wires’ leaking sparks from them to the heads cause this bad mileage? thanx mike

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
23 Miles Per Gallon is 10.23 Liters / 100KM.

12.3L/100KM is 19.13 MPG.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac STS
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx but i still am wondering whut the avraige milage shood be for my car does any one know? thanx

·
Super Moderator
86,785 Posts
club car said:
I don’t know if I did the conversions right but I believe I’m getting around 18mpg I was doing 74Mph. is this bad? If so could my ignition wires’ leaking sparks from them to the heads cause this bad mileage? thanx mike
18 MPG is great........ for city driving, but for highway milage, it sucks. Check for a leaky FPR or leaky injectors.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac STS
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
could the fact that i have the heated seets on make my milage that bad on the highway?

·
Super Moderator
86,785 Posts
Re: the FPR
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46417

Heated seats have absolutely no affect on your milage :histeric: Sorry man, I just couldn't resist.

I forget what engine you have. (you should post it in your profile under ownership below your name). Your milage will vary depending on where and how you drive. Highway driving is obviously much better than city. Keeping your foot out of the throttle and driving like a "blue hair" will also help. Another thing is to inflate the tires to max. You'll give up some of that Cadillac ride but get a little better milage.

·
Registered
2010 Black Cherry CTS AWD
263 Posts
club car said:
could the fact that i have the heated seets on make my milage that bad on the highway?
It shouldn'y, it's not using any fuel, they're just electric.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts