Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just found out tranny needs to be re-built. mechanic charging $1700,
was wondering if that's an average or jack-move price.
reside in los angeles, CA. if n e 1 can refer a reasonable honest mechanic in
my area.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Re: average cost to re-build tranny.97 de ville (base-model) in the los angeles CA area..

:yeah:

....but what the waraanty situation?

(you probably wanna have parts AND labor covered)

ps...is that a local shop or some chain?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Re: average cost to re-build tranny.97 de ville (base-model) in the los angeles CA area..

That's actually a good price but the other cheaper way would be to get a junkyard engine with low miles around 70,000 for about $500-600 close to you in cali,you may get it cheaper if you look around.

Then just have it installed all junkyards have a good warranty usually 3 months if it doesnt go bad by then it will usually outlast the motor.

Locally trans. are about $150 for the average car, some caddy trans. are around $300-600

·
Registered
3 Posts

I have a 2001 Deville. I need to by a new tranmission for it. I've found them for around $2300-$5500. What will a place typically charge to install the new tranny? Washington DC area?

·
Registered
927 Posts

crainthebra said:
I have a 2001 Deville. I need to by a new tranmission for it. I've found them for around $2300-$5500. What will a place typically charge to install the new tranny? Washington DC area?
use http://www.car-part.com/ they are less than a $1000 usually and a shop should charge less than $700 to replace it shop around.

those above are used but they are still good most have about 70,000 miles on them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts