Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dude. i went to go change my avatar and when i deleted the old one it won't let me put up a new one. it lets me choose from the caddy pictures but i can't find anywhere in "edit Avatar" that lets me upload a new one or link to an offsite.

what the hell is going on here.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Well to use a custom avatar I believe you have to be a supporting mbr, but u dont have to donate $ to use a regular one, meaning u choose from the ones they have listed, like I have. U can find this under "get perks" which is next to User CP

"Supporting Member subscription (and what's in it for you):
- Your attachment storage will double in size from two (2) megabytes to four (4) megabytes.
- Your Cadillac Gallery storage doubles in size from twenty (20) megabytes to forty (40) megabytes.
- Your private message storage capability grows from 10 to 50 saved messages.
- The file size for your personal avatar will double in size from 20 kilobytes to 40 kilobytes.
- You'll no longer have the "edited by" show up in your edited messages.
- You'll receive a special "Supporting Member" badge beneath your username in all of your posted messages.
- You'll have unlimited access to our upcoming online Cadillac Enthusiast Magazine. (new)
Click here to sign up!"

If that's not it I'm not sure, email the site admin and ask.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
TripleOught said:
guess i'll use a DEFAULT icon. this sucks.

soooo...who ya gonna call?

ghost busters.
3-0 - I had the Ghost Busters pimpin it up as my avatar until I came accross this pretty lady.

·
Registered
453 Posts
TripleOught said:
well, thats the weird thing...i had one up and i wasn't a supporting member. did they change something? did i totally screw myself?
Mine's custom too (the only default CTS pics available had their proportions all out of whack, and I use this avatar on other sites as well). But I'm not a supporting member either, so maybe you get grandfathered if you had it before they required you to be a supporting member.

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
Bring in the Supporting member ad:D Advantages Guys. You get much bigger pic allowances..not to mention all the information and ad material that we use. Cost about 2 cent a day for a $25 donation.:bouncy:
Plus you get the supporting member banner that shows you're paying your way.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
I've never paid a cent. Does this mean I lose my option of creating another custom avatar if I change it?

I notice my sig doesn't appear anymore...

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i really think it does. those who had a custom up prior to the big switch a few days ago are cool...but if you want to update it i think you're screwed if you're not a member

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
RobertCTS said:
We lost all the Avatars twice recently and they came back. I'm afraid to experiment in fear of losing Darth.:eek:
Bob - Just right-click on him and "save picture as". Then you can experiment all you want and if you decide you want darth back, just upload him again under custom avatar.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
7 Participants
RobertCTS