Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today i had pulled out my radio, and i was going to do the quick $6.00 mod for the ipod aux, diabling the xm, but my question is, that i dont have xm, and i was looking at the pinout and was wondering if i can just hardwire my own into the slots where there is no xm, and would be an xm, but instead be my ipod steroe cable input. would this work at all???

·
Registered
2003 CTS
228 Posts
I tried to do this without XM too and it was a no go... at least not easily. You need the power signal from the XM module to be able to use the XM band, having no XM means no XM tuner. The power signal lets the Radio know something is there to allow the XM band to show up, without it they can't get it to enable not even with a tech II (The guys at Lindsay tried for me with no luck and this was their conclusion) You have to add something that simulates that satellite tuner radio signal probably either an actual tuner, or an ipod kit meant for this. Don't know if an aftermarket tuner would even work let alone be worth only installing to disable so I scrapped the project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts