Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 DeVille
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have an 04 DeVille, with regular stock CD player (no Bose) and no changer. I'd like to add an Aux input for an MP3 player, etc, to the car. Looking at a product called "Aux Box," I see that a wiring harness exists to hook it to the changer input on the radio, but it shows that it is not compatible with the 2004.

Is there any way to hook up an Aux input on my 04 DeVille? I'm surprised that it's any different than, say, a 2000? Strange.

Thanks!
Wes

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
Follow my AUX inputs threads/Posts, it shows you exactly how to build your own hard-wired AUX input. You get to keep the CD changer too (if you decide to add one at some point).

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
Follow my AUX inputs threads/Posts, it shows you exactly how to build your own hard-wired AUX input. You get to keep the CD changer too (if you decide to add one at some point).
Although I dont need one I'll check that out! And I just realized you live in tdot! Maybe we can meet sometimes and you can check my car cause you're the man with experience :p

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
Sure if there is something I can help you with no problem, looks like we are not that far away and I am always happy to help a fellow Cadillac owner. I do leave to North Carolina for the following weeks but I'll be back.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
Sure if there is something I can help you with no problem, looks like we are not that far away and I am always happy to help a fellow Cadillac owner. I do leave to North Carolina for the following weeks but I'll be back.
Alright sounds good !

·
Registered
2004 cadillac deville
2 Posts
N*caddy or anyone else that can help,

I tried to follow your posts for a 2004 cadillac deville with a radio part number of 15140912 but it seems that the changed the design quite a bit as the st part in no longer in there. There is a chip in there that seems to have a custom part number on it as I am having trouble locating it. This is one of the radios that has a CD in dash and a changer in the trunk. I would private message you but it seems that that option is turned off for me as I just joined. Do you or anyone else have any suggestions as to how I can add my aux input. I was going to try to hook a relay into the harness but I cannot find a pinout for the harness.

Thanks

·
Registered
2004 cadillac deville
2 Posts
I assume base as I do not see BOSE anywhere. I think it is made by Delphi or something like that. Is it possible to just add a relay into the harness and switch in the aux? I would have given it a try but I can't seem to find the wire harness pinout anywhere. All i know is it is a 36 pin connector.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
If is not Bose you have to hack the Audio processor chip. I posted in details with pictures how to do that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts