Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've posted on here before and everyone was super helpful! I'm looking to delete my autoride system, I'm able to find several vendors for coiled shocks to delete it. I was however curious, if they make air bags that fit inside the large coil spring on the autoride models? Looking for stronger suspension for towing. Every place I see that sells air bags for our SUVs state that they are NOT for autoride models. Thank you for any help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks comonroots, I wasn't able to find too much on his channel about the rear springs, but he has a ton of videos too! From what I've gathered, the reason they fit on non autoride but not autoride models is the main coil spring diameter is different, and they can expand too much inside there and pop. I may just order the bilstein coil springs for the back and instead of using bilstein shocks put the air bags in there and hope for the best lol

·
Registered
2004 ESV
851 Posts
Replace the rear shocks with Bilstein HDs, and use Timbren 4wd bumpstops. Essentially, the rear will only squat down an inch or two at the most.

·
Premium Member
2004 Escalade 6.0
1,172 Posts
I know it has been here before but I cannot seem to find it. What is the sequence with the RTD fuse to keep the Service Ride Control from showing up?

·
Registered
2004 ESV
851 Posts
Just disconnect battery, remove RTD fuse. Reconnect battery 30 minutes later. Did this 18 months ago, and no issues.

·
Premium Member
2004 Escalade 6.0
1,172 Posts
Thank you. I replace the shocks and pump a few years ago but now sometimes when stopped I can hear the pump running. Since the heaviest thing I haul is me I do not need it.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,383 Posts
Just disconnect battery, remove RTD fuse. Reconnect battery 30 minutes later. Did this 18 months ago, and no issues.
Confirmed. I also disconnected the negative battery terminal and the removed the RTD fuse. Reconnected the battery cable and have been good for months without any suspension errors with my passage Bilsteins HD shock upgrade.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,383 Posts
Replace the rear shocks with Bilstein HDs, and use Timbren 4wd bumpstops. Essentially, the rear will only squat down an inch or two at the most.

LOL. We have the same suspension upgrades.:)

Both the Bilsteins HD shocks and Timbren 4WD bump-stops keep my rear end fairly level with light loads. However, the heaviest load I put in Caddy has been the stock wheels with heavy AT tires mounted since the upgrade. Each tire/wheel combo was about 70 lbs each per a scale, so the most I loaded in the rear was about 280lbs with the Bilsteins shocks and Timbren bump-stops. My Caddy rear-end barely moved with the 280 pounds in the rear cargo area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts