Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up this morning to more snow. As I pulled out the snowblower I glanced over to my V-Coupe and our Mustang GT/CS convertible hibernating in the garage.

Temps are supposed to dip to -10F tonight. That's WITHOUT windchill. With the wind it's supposed to get close to -30F.

Typical Midwest/Michigan winter, but I'm starting to get antsy to drive the "fun" cars again. Due to the relatively late start to the crappy weather, both went into storage late (right after Christmas), so it hasn't even been two months, but i'm ready to wake them up.

With temps predicted to stay well below freezing for the next ten days or so, the snow isn't going away any time soon.

Sigh.

Here's hoping for a dramatic warm up in March.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V Monster
331 Posts
Yep, same crap here in shy town. We Midwest people with fun cars spend 4-5 months of the year waiting for the nice weather to arrive. I wouldn't mind so much if I wasn't so obsessed with cool cars, so the waiting part is b.s. Oh well at least we still got the Bulls and my favorite team the Blackhawks to watch in the wintertime...

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
V-Horse said:
Yep, same crap here in shy town. We Midwest people with fun cars spend 4-5 months of the year waiting for the nice weather to arrive. I wouldn't mind so much if I wasn't so obsessed with cool cars, so the waiting part is b.s. Oh well at least we still got the Bulls and my favorite team the Blackhawks to watch in the wintertime...
Born and raised in Chicago and lived in the suburbs through the first 44 years if my life. Moved here 7 years ago.

Still a diehard 'Hawks fan. Came back for both parades.

Tough being a Blackhawks fan in the Detroit metro area. Still catch the games on NHL Home Center ice.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V Monster
331 Posts
Hossa! Hossa! Hossa! He's been carrying the team the last 4-5 games. Did you see that hit the new kid Hartman dished out last night, damn!

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
V-Horse said:
Hossa! Hossa! Hossa! He's been carrying the team the last 4-5 games. Did you see that hit the new kid Hartman dished out last night, damn!
I have a serious man crush on him. He's probably my favorite player. Yeah Kane is Kane, and right after Hossa comes Toews, but Hossa is the man. Great two way player, even when he goes through his mini scoring droughts he makes things happen. He quietly and unassumingly goes about his business. Never takes a night off. Always hustling.

It was awesome watching his reaction last night as the crowd chanted his name and drowned out the post game interview.

That hit was pretty awesome too. Happy for the hometown kid playing for the team.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V sedan, 2017 CT6, 2000 Eldorado ETC
239 Posts
I hate to spool the fun but, I got to take the V out today it was 54 here in northern Utah and it is normally 24 with 24" of snow here. What a great machine, sure does temp me to get a new V3 if the price is right. We should know in a couple of weeks.

Damn this is a great car.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V Monster
331 Posts
I agree, Hossa is the man! And yeah his reaction to the crowd was so genuine I wish more players were this unselfish and played this hard on both ends of the ice. You definitely know everything about the Hawks, but it looks like you forgot about the "Detroit sucks!" chant, because you ended up there ;)

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
V-Horse said:
I agree, Hossa is the man! And yeah his reaction to the crowd was so genuine I wish more players were this unselfish and played this hard on both ends of the ice. You definitely know everything about the Hawks, but it looks like you forgot about the "Detroit sucks!" chant, because you ended up there ;)
Oh I know the chant.

Got a great job opportunity that I couldn't pass up. ;)

----------

CTSV UT said:
I hate to spool the fun but, I got to take the V out today it was 54 here in northern Utah and it is normally 24 with 24" of snow here. What a great machine, sure does temp me to get a new V3 if the price is right. We should know in a couple of weeks. Damn this is a great car.
I took the V out of storage around the middle of March last year, although the potholes (until they were fixed) were a challenge. There were a couple of roads where I literally had to crawl through because of the roads were so bad.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Between winter blasts last week, I took the Beastwagon out for a spin. Yes, I got a little salt dust on it, but I washed it all off before putting it away. It spent the last two winters out in the salt every day, so this particular time was much less than usual. Only another month before I start daily driving my wagon again. Counting down the days.....

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,158 Posts
Okay, you rotten Hawks fans. I'ma gonna burst your bubble, just as the Red Wings are going to on Wednesday night. I drove my V here in sunny Florida from Jacksonville to Lakeland this weekend and had a blast. Went on some beautiful back roads and had some fun.

Go Wings. :nyanya:

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,158 Posts

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Almost 90 degrees here in L.A. over the weekend. It was TOO hot! This week it should be in the upper 70s/low 80s. Looks like our winter is officially over. Send us some COLD! I hate the heat!

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
^^^
Brother, you can HAVE the -12 F, I woke up to yesterday, and the -3 F I woke up to today. I don't complain when it's 90 degrees here in the summer precisely because I'd rather have that, than below zero.

PS--the V starts just fine in these conditions. It absolutely adores and eats up frigid air, LOL!

·
Registered
14,158 Posts
Colder, more dense air lets that puppy breathe!

·
Registered
4,537 Posts

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V Monster
331 Posts
"Hey, hawkboys, come on down and let's have a party. I will drive the 3-1/2 hours to see you all, have a beer or few and watch a good game.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/tampa-ba..._TixPromotions"

That would be awesome! I'll check out my schedule and plane tix. Do you remember the last time the Hawks played the Lightning? BTW shouldn't you be rooting for the Hawks vs the Red Wings, since the wings are only 4 points behind...

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2014/11/11/7200937/blackhawks-vs-lightning-final-score-recap-results-patrick-kane-2014

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tinman said:
Hey, hawkboys, come on down and let's have a party. I will drive the 3-1/2 hours to see you all, have a beer or few and watch a good game. http://www.ticketmaster.com/tampa-bay-lightning-vs-chicago-blackhawks-tampa-florida-02-27-2015/event/0D004CFDB536893C?camefrom=CFC_TBL_1415_W_TixPromotions
That would be fun. I was just in Tampa last week on business. Maybe I can time another business trip.

----------

neuronbob said:
^^^ Brother, you can HAVE the -12 F, I woke up to yesterday, and the -3 F I woke up to today. I don't complain when it's 90 degrees here in the summer precisely because I'd rather have that, than below zero. PS--the V starts just fine in these conditions. It absolutely adores and eats up frigid air, LOL!
I agree with you. I hardly ever complain about the heat.

It was -15 this morning. actual temp, not wind chill

1 - 20 of 31 Posts