Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
02 Seville, 04 SRX
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I left the window cracked in the Seville and it rained. I can go up and down no problem on the driver's side window. I can even do auto-down. Auto-up just won't work but it still works on the other window (even when pressing it on the driver's side controls). Anyone know what part could have gone bad so I can order it? 02 Seville.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Roll the window up and hold the switch in the up position for a few seconds after it is closed all the way.
Then do the same down.
It should work okay after that.
The door module lost the position of the glass, when that happens express up stops working.

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
985 Posts
ewill3rd,

Did a 2000 Seville STS even have express up as an option? Mine has express down on all 4 windows, but not up. (even my GF's VW jetta has express up!)

·
Registered
02 STS
1,262 Posts
Yes on the front two only... I'm pretty sure my friend's 98 does this.

The windows will forget where the "ends" of travel are after a battery change too. They are also auto reversing if they hit an obstacle... This is a pain when they ice up in the winter.

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
Check codes. You might see a B3833 or B3832 code. This is as ewill3rd described - the door module does not know the position of the glass. As such, it will not express-up and/or express-down. This happens when the battery has been disconnected or for other reasons. You will need to reprogram the window motor's express function:

1. Press and hold the power window switch until the window is fully DOWN
2. Continue holding the power window switch for about 3 seconds
3. Press and hold the power window switch until the window is fully UP
4. Continue holding the power window switch for about 3 seconds.
5. Repeat this process for the other front window.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I am not sure what year they started doing it.
You can usually tell by looking at the switches.
The double arrow means express. Sometimes they have two down and one up, sometimes they have two up and two down.

I have seen body shops install the wrong year door because the door fit, then the left side had express features, and the right didn't because the regulator didn't have the position sensor and wiring!
(man was that guy upset!)

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
985 Posts
Check codes. You might see a B3833 or B3832 code. This is as ewill3rd described - the door module does not know the position of the glass. As such, it will not express-up and/or express-down. This happens when the battery has been disconnected or for other reasons. You will need to reprogram the window motor's express function:

1. Press and hold the power window switch until the window is fully DOWN
2. Continue holding the power window switch for about 3 seconds
3. Press and hold the power window switch until the window is fully UP
4. Continue holding the power window switch for about 3 seconds.
5. Repeat this process for the other front window.
I haven't seen any codes, but I will try this. One thing I noted: on all 4 of my window switches, there is a double click on the down side (press lightly, 1 click and the window lowers normally. press harder, you feel 2 clicks and the window drops all the way.) No such click on the up side of the switch.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
I haven't seen any codes, but I will try this. One thing I noted: on all 4 of my window switches, there is a double click on the down side (press lightly, 1 click and the window lowers normally. press harder, you feel 2 clicks and the window drops all the way.) No such click on the up side of the switch.
Edwin, If you dont feel a second detent when you press the button down on that side it doesnt have the express feature in that direction.

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
985 Posts
So my windows all have express down, but not up. Hmmm.... was that an option at the time of purchase? Is there an RPO # for such?

And, can it be retrofitted?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts