Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2003 STS F55
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I wanted to know what oil my automatic gearbox uses to change it, because I can't find which one to use.

thanks.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,791 Posts
The car was built with DEXRON-III in the transmission. That was superseded in 2006 with the 100% fully compatible DEXRON-VI.

Correct level is checked with the engine fully warmed up, idling in P on a level surface.

There should be NO fluid on the dipstick with the engine off for 10 minutes. It's a dry sump transmission and all the fluid drains from the side tank (dipstick) back to the pan with the engine off.

Engine off for 15 minutes ,,,,,,,,,,

Transmission fill neck - cold OFF.JPG

·
2003 STS F55
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car was built with DEXRON-III in the transmission. That was superseded in 2006 with the 100% fully compatible DEXRON-VI.

Correct level is checked with the engine fully warmed up, idling in P on a level surface.

There should be NO fluid on the dipstick with the engine off for 10 minutes. It's a dry sump transmission and all the fluid drains from the side tank (dipstick) back to the pan with the engine off.
ok thanks man. 👌🏼

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,791 Posts
Using this 2" PVC pipe cap makes many underhood checks much easier -------------

Butt plug & air box 2 notes.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts