Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V Sedan 6pd
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currenty own a 2013 ATS 3.6 performance. I have roughly 3k miles on the car. Is anyone having auto transmission issues during warm up? Every morning the first 3 or 4 miles the tranny seems to slip and mis shift. Anyone? I let the car warm up 2-3 minutes before driving. The car is fine throughout the day, I rougly drive 100 miles a day.

Thanks,

Eric

12,821 Posts
Eric, I realize you're seeking owner feedback, but I wanted to let you know that I'm happy to check my resources as well for any relevant information I can find on your specific ATS. I'm just an email away at [email protected] whenever you would like further assistance with your concerns! (Including the last eight of your VIN would be very helpful.)

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
Still negotiating
38 Posts
check fluid level when it is cold it should be at the bottom dot on the stick, when it is warm at the top dot on the stick. Until the vehicle reaches 140 degrees the locking torque convertor will seem like it is not shifting. It will not lock in until the oil in the tranny warms up. Maybe this is what you are feeling the first few miles. In you are when you take off is there a lot of up and down hills or do you get on a highway and give it 65MPH gas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts