Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced their ATS shifting from D (automatic) mode to manual on its own?
It has happened several times and the dealer believes that I am inadvertently
touching the paddles while on the D mode and the transmission then shifts to
Manual even though the stick shift is to the right.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T Performance
88 Posts
esalmeron said:
Has anyone experienced their ATS shifting from D (automatic) mode to manual on its own? It has happened several times and the dealer believes that I am inadvertently touching the paddles while on the D mode and the transmission then shifts to Manual even though the stick shift is to the right.
I'd be willing to bet that the dealer is correct. If you're in Auto and you hit a paddle, it will switch to manual mode for a bit. When it happens, does it eventually switch back to D? If so, then you're probably just tapping a paddle as you hit the turn signal or something. Or maybe you just wrap your whole arms around and hug the steering wheel when you drive. You know, one or the other.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that the dealer is correct. If you're in Auto and you hit a paddle, it will switch to manual mode for a bit. When it happens, does it eventually switch back to D? If so, then you're probably just tapping a paddle as you hit the turn signal or something. Or maybe you just wrap your whole arms around and hug the steering wheel when you drive. You know, one or the other.
Or there's a false positive from something loose just from the wheel being turned.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T AWD
20 Posts
This used to happen to me also, but after a while I realized that I was just not used to driving a car with paddles on, and I would keep hitting them when fiddling with stuff on/around the steering-wheel, now I've learned to not touch the paddles, and it does not happen anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts