Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this forum so bare with me if this question has been answered a few times already.
I just bought my 2008 cadillac cts and Im extremely happy with the car. The only thing I seem to be having problems is this:
When I use the automatic start to warm the car up in the morning, I cant seem to get the heat to go on while it is running. It always goes into vent mode(I think its called vent mode) so the inside of the car is never really warm.

Thanks

·
Registered
08 CTS4 DI Hot Lava Edition PDZ AWD FE2
402 Posts
My 08 warms up the car as well as pre-heats the seats and defrosts the windows. Do you have your control set on automatic? Or do you override that button and control the fan speed yourself?

Owners Manual - page 2-14

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually just control the climate controls manually. Do I need to use the Auto Function to get the Climate Control to work during automatic start?

·
Registered
402 Posts
If you set your controls manually then when you remote start your vehicle the climate control uses the settings you have set rather than automatically based on outside temperature.

·
Registered
CTS, 2010 awd
64 Posts
My 08 warms up the car as well as pre-heats the seats and defrosts the windows. Do you have your control set on automatic? Or do you override that button and control the fan speed yourself?

Owners Manual - page 2-14
Nice, how'd you get the seat heaters to activate? I got the Astrostart, but it doesn't turn on the seats.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The seat heaters come on automatically based on the outside temperature if the climate control is set to auto. I don't know what the cutoff temp is that determines this however.

·
Registered
CTS, 2010 awd
64 Posts
The seat heaters come on automatically based on the outside temperature if the climate control is set to auto. I don't know what the cutoff temp is that determines this however.
You must have a different heating package on yours. I have to push a button on the dash to activate them, with high/medium/low settings

·
Registered
402 Posts
They go on when remote start is used but turn off when you turn the key inside the car - then if I want them on I have to press the button on the dash.

·
Registered
2016 XTS4, 2008 CTS4, 1996 Eldorado ETC
89 Posts
Also, even though the heated seats turn on when you remote start the car, and it is cold enough, the display for it does not turn on but your tush will tell you it is working. :thumbsup:
Also heats up the passenger seat.
But as previously posted, you have to manually turn them back on after the ignition is turned on.
I do notice that the heated seats on my '96 Eldorado do heat up faster than the ones in my '08 CTS.

·
Registered
CTS, 2010 awd
64 Posts
Nope, just tried it again this past week when the temps were in the single digits. I let it run for about 10 minutes, and the seats were no warmer than the rest of the vehicle. One I got in and pushed the seat-heat button, it warmed up pretty quickly.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I would have your dealer check that out as the manual for your car specifically states that the seats will pre-heat or cool if your car has remote start.

·
Registered
2008 CTS 4
348 Posts
I personally don't think the seat heaters work very well with nobody sitting on them. In the winter when I use the remote start, the seat is never that hot, but it does warm up quicker than if I don't use remote start. The display will show it's on, just without a backlight, so it's hard to see.

·
Registered
402 Posts
My guess is that the seat heaters during the remote start period are probably at the lowest heat level just to get the chill off of the seats. Don't know what temperature that would equate to but it would not be really noticeable other than the fact that the seats don't feel ice cold when you first get into the car after a few minutes of having used the remote start. Then as brothleutner mentioned, it warms up quicker.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts