Registered
They should make a new model name for mine but I guess a CTS
271 Posts
I have it I install it myself and have a dei account so i dont pay much

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans
39 Posts
Would take a little fenageling to make work properly as our cars have transponder keys. It *may* and very well could make your car easier to steal. Something to consider depending on where you live and places you frequent. I would guess any reputable car audio shop would be able to install a system for you for couple bills.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yah prolly not even worth it if its gnna cost like 3 bills.. I dont live in a bad area but do go to Los Angeles alot so that could be a problem haha

·
Registered
271 Posts
Our Keys dont have any type of transponder and it will be around 300 installed for a decent one thats not even with an alarm thats just remote start

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans
39 Posts
Our Keys dont have any type of transponder and it will be around 300 installed for a decent one thats not even with an alarm thats just remote start
Take a peek at your personal key, if it has "PK3+" (which stands for Pass Key 3 plus) stamped on it, it IS a transponder key, and quick call to your local dealer asking about cost of a replacement should tell you this as well. Just tryin to help out.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well the bypass made by DEI for our vehicles does not require a key under the dash therefore the transponder would be through the key actually going into the ignition not a vicinity transponder like vw's and audi's have aka why i was wrong haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts