Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Catera
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone!

I own a 1997 Cadillac Catera with around 137,000 miles on it. One day I was driving down the road between 8 and 10 pm with my automatic headlights on. . then all of a sudden they instantly shut-off and my headlights and instrument panel (IP) lights went out and I had to switch them on manually. About two weeks before this my Twilight Sentinel Timer wouldn't work. I would turn my car off and instantly the headlights would turn off. . They also do this if I have them on manually until I switch them off and back on again or start the vehicle again.

If anyone could please help me with this I would really appreciate it!

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Catera
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Matera97 I'll try that! :D. and hmm... wierd the AC control works fine.
I replaced the fuse. . but the other one seemed to be good. I've replaced this fuse once before. :)

Also I noticed that there was a loud buzzing noise coming from my vehicle when I had my headlight switch in the (Auto/off) position. when I would turn the headlights to the "on" position. . the buzzing went away. . this only happened though when I was in any gear except (P) park. apawn further inspection, it was the (XI) Daytime Running Light (DRL) Relay buzzing and rattling.

Would you think this could be apart of the problem?

Thanks! :D I appreciate the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts