Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Escalade ESV, 2014 Escalde ESV
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had several SUVs with Automatic Brights . My last Escalade they worked great! On my new Escalade they do not work the best. Does anyone know of an update to fix this? They come on for like 8 seconds and then they go off. After about another minute they go on again for about another 8 seconds. No cars are around when they go on or off so I don't understand what is going on. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thank you :)

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
The automatic brights on the K2XX platform SUVs are very sensitive. The smallest amount of light from any direction turns them off. The automatic brights only come on in very dark areas with zero light coming from anywhere. This is normal.

·
Registered
2015.5 Terra Mocha
13 Posts
I hate the auto high beams (intellibeams). I can't figure out how to turn this off at all. I swear it's going to get me shot or hassled by the local PD. in the neighborhood it's not even that dark and BOOM here comes the sun!!! There were cops yesterday at the end of my block with their lights off, doing whatever they do and BOOM I lit them up!!! I swore they were gonna flag me to pull over...

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
924 Posts
I have had several SUVs with Automatic Brights . My last Escalade they worked great! On my new Escalade they do not work the best. Does anyone know of an update to fix this? They come on for like 8 seconds and then they go off. After about another minute they go on again for about another 8 seconds. No cars are around when they go on or off so I don't understand what is going on. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thank you :)
Same here. My previous cars worked perfectly, but this Escalade is very sensitive. Had an SRX loaner that was the complete opposite, would take others flashing their brights to get it to dim.

Hoping my 2016 is much better in this respect. Although the low beams are VERY bright.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
I have no problem with having the automatic lights come infrequently but how do you disable it ON THE FLY while driving and not using the Cue? I encountered some dense fog and it automatically brightened. I tried turning the knob in manual headlights and dipped beams but it automatically brightens. Unlike previous generation where you have a rear view mirror button to disable it. Any tricks?

·
Registered
2015.5 Terra Mocha
13 Posts
I dont see any option in the settings. Matter of fact I think my CUE is acting up. When I first got the Escalade I had all the settings set, i.e. Reverse mirror settings, door lock preferences etc. Now I can't find the settings in the CUE????? It's completely gone... Supposed to go see the dealer this week.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
The automatic brights on the K2XX platform SUVs are very sensitive. The smallest amount of light from any direction turns them off. The automatic brights only come on in very dark areas with zero light coming from anywhere. This is normal.

Yes....and frankly, the LED's are so bright that the need for the HIGHS is really very limited......but yes, they do react perhaps a bit too quickly!

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Push the headlight stalk forward and pull back into position, kind of like the flash top pass action but in the opposite direction

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Lucci said:
Push the headlight stalk forward and pull back into position, kind of like the flash top pass action but in the opposite direction
And this will turn off the automatic lights?

·
Registered
2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black
1,800 Posts
What if you run the fog lights? If you run the fogs on the precious gen, the auto feature would shut off.

·
Registered
2015.5 Terra Mocha
13 Posts
Figured it out cant access certain options if the car is off. Got the car running then.got into the vehicle options and all is good now. Rest assure I wont be shot by the local gang bangers for flashing them... :)

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
K9Caddy said:
Wow! Sorry for chiming in, I'll stick to my old 2009. :(
Hey no problem. I noticed that all manufacturers with the bright LED DRL have no fog lights anymore not just cadillac. I too had the 2009 and the mirror switch made it easily accessible by pressing one button to disable the automatics lights.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts