Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a surprising discovery about my car during a road trip this past weekend. Mine is a 2014 CTS V-Sport non-premium which does not have adaptive cruise control. When I first bought the car I read through the owner's manual and got the impression that automatic braking was something only associated with adaptive cruise control so I figured my car didn't have it. To make sure, I called Cadillac and they assured me that my car did NOT have automatic braking.

Well, on two occasions on this road trip it kicked in! It disengaged my (regular) cruise control, AND applied the brake momentarily. I did have "collision avoidance" engaged, so maybe automatic braking is also a component of collision avoidance.

Has anybody else experienced automatic braking on a non-premium V-Sport?

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport white tri coat/cashmere interior
291 Posts
I've had the cruise control disengage a couple times on me and my wife said it did on her one time too, but I don't think that the brakes were applied. I thought it was just more of the engine braking that I felt. I was surprised that it does this too because I didn't read anywhere that it would do this.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
69 Posts
I made a surprising discovery about my car during a road trip this past weekend. Mine is a 2014 CTS V-Sport non-premium which does not have adaptive cruise control. When I first bought the car I read through the owner's manual and got the impression that automatic braking was something only associated with adaptive cruise control so I figured my car didn't have it. To make sure, I called Cadillac and they assured me that my car did NOT have automatic braking.

Well, on two occasions on this road trip it kicked in! It disengaged my (regular) cruise control, AND applied the brake momentarily. I did have "collision avoidance" engaged, so maybe automatic braking is also a component of collision avoidance.

Has anybody else experienced automatic braking on a non-premium V-Sport?
never even thought about it, gonna have to do a test and see what happens either a crushed front end or a still great looking car. will let you know soon.

----------

I've had the cruise control disengage a couple times on me and my wife said it did on her one time too, but I don't think that the brakes were applied. I thought it was just more of the engine braking that I felt. I was surprised that it does this too because I didn't read anywhere that it would do this.
the engine braking i believe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts