Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac XT5 Premium Luxury Crystal White
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I noticed that low speed forward automatic braking seems to be pretty standard, I have the driver assist package that says automatic forward braking, does this mean it will brake at a faster speed?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the driver assist package that says automatic forward braking, does this mean it will brake at a faster speed
Yes. Driver Awareness Package includes low speed (up to 50 mph) forward automatic braking. The Drive Assist Package adds high speed automatic braking, rear braking, adaptive cruise, and a few other safety features.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So up to what speed should mine stop? I really like the auto park feature to but I find it passes spots I would have chosen myself.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need to learn about this they weren’t really sure at the dealership and I can’t find much info online, not that I want to depend on it because that would not be good but I would like to know how it works

·
Registered
XT5 Platinum, Dark Adriatic Blue Metalic, Maple Sugar
279 Posts
I need to learn about this they weren’t really sure at the dealership and I can’t find much info online, not that I want to depend on it because that would not be good but I would like to know how it works
The proof is in the pudding.
Stack 2 or 3 large boxes on top of each other, drive at them at various speeds to see if your car stops.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The proof is in the pudding.
Stack 2 or 3 large boxes on top of each other, drive at them at various speeds to see if your car stops.
Funny you should say that... I tried it backwards it did great front not. It does say it has to detect a car though and the manual mentions the car icon etc to have it work. Is this true?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts