Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP
193 Posts
Nice man. Can't wait to see the videos and get your impressions on how the car was at AC.

·
Registered
'13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3
390 Posts
This reminds me, I should write a letter to the SEB asking for classing. It should be pretty straightforward for the ATS.

The 2.0 and 3.6 will most likely be DS, STX, BSP, SM

The 2.5 will probably be HS, STC, DSP, SM

·
Registered
390 Posts
sounds like fun, not worried about breaking anything?
I autocrossed my ESP Legacy GT for 5 plus years. The only thing I ever did was blow the intercooler to throttle body hose off, and that's because the coupler likes to degrade and tear over time....which it did.

As far as motorsports are concerned, autocross is very safe for the car and the driver.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
As far as motorsports are concerned, autocross is very safe for the car and the driver.
Unless you have idiots choosing the venue and drivers dumb enough to use it. Note to autocross newbies: if you show up and there are trees, poles, etc. on the course..... just watch.

[video=youtube;b5JEo4haM_k#t=56s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5JEo4haM_k#t=56s[/video]

·
Registered
390 Posts
Unless you have idiots choosing the venue and drivers dumb enough to use it. Note to autocross newbies: if you show up and there are trees, poles, etc. on the course..... just watch.
That video is as old as dirt. The SCCA has numerous course design restrictions in place to eliminate situations like this. That was NOT an SCCA autox.

The best advice I can give is to drive within your limits.

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS 2.0T
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Autocrossing is the absolute best way to get the real feel of what your car can do without the expense of taking it to a racetrack. I've several of my cars and I love it. I'm gonna go easy on the ATS because it is stock and I haven't changed out the pads and brake fluid yet, but it's gonna be fun to take it through the cones!!! I also have an s2000 that is completely worked up for the track that I will probably take out there too.

·
Registered
ATS4 Turbo
197 Posts
I autocrossed my ESP Legacy GT for 5 plus years. The only thing I ever did was blow the intercooler to throttle body hose off, and that's because the coupler likes to degrade and tear over time....which it did.

Agreed ... mostly.

I Auto-X'd a 2.0 WRX in ESP for a few years and it was a lot of fun. Just don't let anyone else drive your car. My friend came to his first auto-x with me and they told him he needed an instructor. The instructor insisted that he drive the car first to show him the lines (first warning sign). Being that my friend's car was a Neon SRT-4, I think the reality was the guy wanted a joy ride. Well, the car was much faster than he thought and blew a turn a nailed a curb and nearly flipped the car. How my friend didn't kill that guy I have no idea. So go to the auto-x, but don't let anyone else drive your car, even if you're in the passenger seat. :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Much faster or massive under steer? Lol

The instructor is still to blame but I drive other people's cars all the time there. Unless they are a friend, you only drive 8/10ths b/c you never know how bad someone's car setup is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts