Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was hoping to have some good in car video from today. But due to rain and my video camera acting funky. Theres no in-car videos..

So here are some photos..

A controlled 4-wheel drift.. STS & TC were off :bouncy:

And with a rider..

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hah what can I say..man's got skills. I like how the two 350's are posted up in the back of the second pic. What kind of meet/division is this? It seems like it happens fairly often. Nice shots.

·
Registered
CTS
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats the best part of the south.. we get to Autocross all year. :thumbsup: However, it doesn't leave much time to fix cars if they have problems because we start the new year in January.
I'm in a local club that has been around since the 60's. It's simular to SCCA Solo 2, with a difference in car classings. Which keeps things pretty much even with modifications to cars.

Then we get the rare car's like this :)

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Couple of questions Paw. It's raining..did you arrange for that to enhance the drifting?:D Why is there a passenger with a helmet with you? or is that you after forgetting to fasten your seat belt? Rain tires woulda been nice!

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
does the sts come off when you hit the tc off button in the glove compartment?

I was drifitng arond with the car here as well, it handles very well but i really want a hand brake instead of the pedal brake.
for fun I put a spacer under the parking brake release lever so its always released then used the left foot on the parking brake pedal to swing the rear around a bit more effectively, now THAT was fun.

-KL

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
FSU_Noles said:
From my old autocrossing days in my Corvette, most sanctioned events that are insured require helmets for drivers and passengers.
Why would you want a passenger? Isn't that "dead weight?" I agree if you do it all in the vehicle should have helmets and seatbelts.

·
Registered
CTS
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, some times Novice drivers ask for ride alongs. To get pointers see how more experianced drivers take different lines. The guy riding with me in that shot has been autocrossing for about 6 months. And he wanted a ride in the caddy.. He wouldn't ride in my Mazda, something about my driving. I think his finger prints are still in my dash :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
PAW 47

Nice to see people having fun with their cars. I brought mine to my Vette Club autocross "Test n Tune" event. It did pretty well. Raised a lot of eyebrows and had a lot of requests for ride alongs.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
paulfl05 said:
PAW 47

Nice to see people having fun with their cars. I brought mine to my Vette Club autocross "Test n Tune" event. It did pretty well. Raised a lot of eyebrows and had a lot of requests for ride alongs.
Paul,
Did you do anything to prepare your CTS or just take it out bone stock?

·
Registered
18 Posts
RobertCTS

I did the Eibach lowering springs and the CTS-V sway bars. Other than that it is stock. I am anxious to get some modified Nivomats back on the rear. I think they will make me happier. I had to take the Nivomats off for the lowering springs and go to the softer stock shocks. They are too soft for my taste.

·
Registered
CTS
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Paul

Did you do both at the same time, Springs & Sways? I'm looking to cure the understeer with out having to do spings. You Vett guys are a riot too.. I'm sure I've autocross with a few of those guys.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Paw 47,

I did the springs and sway bars at the same time. I have not had any understeer problems.
Sorry for the late reply, I just do not get on the forum very often.

·
Registered
CTS
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Naw, frist time I ran it was a whole lot dryer!! Thanks for the info Paul!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts