Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my CTS Vsport autocrossing this weekend. Came in 1st in stock class. Pretty happy considering the biggest car there beat a S2000, FRS, etc.

First run, first corner, kicked the ass end out and lit up the rear tires. Definitely got a reaction out of the crowd. My friends has their 2013 ATS 3.6L and 2015 ATS 2.0T there too. The '15 was classed incorrectly and didn't show up in the stock group. He ended up with a 45.3.

Great day overall, and definitely got a bunch of people to open their eyes to what Cadillac has become.

Videos of my fastest run:

Exterior:

Dashcam:

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very cool, can you explain the codes for "class" and what PAX is?
SS = - Super Stock
AS = A-Stock
BS = B-Stock
and so on.

The better the car rated for autocross, the closer to A it is. In the CTS' case it's a big car compared to the rest so it's rated F-Stock.

PAX is a number you multiply the RAW time by. It attempts to even out the field so you get a true indicator on driver performance. I say "attempts" because the number that you're multiplying is based off of class, so in this case a Hyundai Genesis and me have the same multiplier. Realistically, they're 2 different animals at autocross.

Do you have the Trifecta tune?
Car is bone stock. All it has is window tint and an LA Kings sticker lol.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
879 Posts
I always love it when the sedans whoop up on the two-seaters. :)

I may have to scrub the rust off my butt and run my Vsport in a local autocross or two this summer. Can I assume you were running the stock P Zero run-flats?

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I always love it when the sedans whoop up on the two-seaters. :)

I may have to scrub the rust off my butt and run my Vsport in a local autocross or two this summer. Can I assume you were running the stock P Zero run-flats?
Yep, stock tires.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,019 Posts
I wonder how the time would change with Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

·
Registered
'14 V sport
88 Posts
I guess your club doesn't have a Street Tire class? Was that the Novice group? Or does your club not separate by that?

Nice job. Even more telling is that only 1 car (the Lotus) beat your Raw Time. Pretty impressive.

Do you know if anybody was running R comps?

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess your club doesn't have a Street Tire class? Was that the Novice group? Or does your club not separate by that?

Nice job. Even more telling is that only 1 car (the Lotus) beat your Raw Time. Pretty impressive.

Do you know if anybody was running R comps?
They don't run a Street Tire / R-comp class anymore since so many tire manufacturers just put a treadwear rating on the r-comps and call it a street tire.

This was not the novice group, they had their own class where vehicles were all in the same group.

None of the cars in stock class were running r-comps.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade, 2017 CTS V
150 Posts
They don't run a Street Tire / R-comp class anymore since so many tire manufacturers just put a treadwear rating on the r-comps and call it a street tire.

This was not the novice group, they had their own class where vehicles were all in the same group.

None of the cars in stock class were running r-comps.
Nice time but I have to commend you as the driver. Nice job making the V-sport look good.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One more question...did you leave it in auto or paddle shift?
Manual mode in 2nd. Hit 3rd just before the finish. It wouldn't let me go into 1st even while I was on the brakes. I know my rpms were low enough so I was a little annoyed at that.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Jon - a bit off-topic: How do you like your Opulent Blue exterior color? What interior color do you have?

Beautiful run by the way!

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jon - a bit off-topic: How do you like your Opulent Blue exterior color? What interior color do you have?

Beautiful run by the way!
Love it. The Opulent Blue makes the car look better than it really is IMO. I have 3 generations of CTS and IMO the 3rd gen is the least attractive as it's very toned down, but the blue really helps make it pop out at you.

Interior is black.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts