Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran my VIN number through a local dealers part locator system to find out exaclty what type of suspension system it is equiped with. It came back with results stating that it has the CVRSS with an "Autobahn" package. The tech had no clue what an Autobahn package was or does. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Slick Black Cadillac said:
I ran my VIN number through a local dealers part locator system to find out exaclty what type of suspension system it is equiped with. It came back with results stating that it has the CVRSS with an "Autobahn" package. The tech had no clue what an Autobahn package was or does. Anyone have any ideas?
It could possibly mean that the suspension was, I dunno, stiffer? :histeric: Probably just another one of those names they give a suspension that they make stiffer.

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Don't know what it is for your Caddy, but it is the Hi-Perf version of the Olds Aurora. (higher speed limiter, better tires, etc...)

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
DaveSmed said:
Don't know what it is for your Caddy, but it is the Hi-Perf version of the Olds Aurora. (higher speed limiter, better tires, etc...)
When the "package" was under design, in 1992 & 1993 for the forthcoming all new body style to debut in 1994, the "performance" model was going to be the deville with Autobahn Package. Marketing wanted to give it a simpler name with more advertising prowess. The marketing name was changed to Concours. The parts books are made up about 6 months in advance of the car's coming out. Therefore, at the time of printing, it was still a deVille with the Autobahn Package, and had yet to become a "Concours" ~ Later, a package of the same name & similiar design was an option on the Oldsmobile Aurora.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts