Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 STS , 8V AWD is equipped with the ACC/HUD & Sunroof . I read somewhere in this forum that the 05 STS is not equipped with the Auto windows up for security reasons , although it is mentioned in the manual . Well I have good news , my 06 STS is equipped with the Auto windows up . All you have to do is press the lock button on the FOB for two seconds , and all the windows will close .
However , I cannot believe that the sunroof does not close automatically when switching off the engine or locking the doors .Mt 1998 STS was equipped with this super feature , but my 06 STS is not ???? what is happening to Cadillac engineers ? Parking break is not auto released due to security reasons , OK we accept that . Trunk is not auto open because the trunk is too small for the auto system , again we accept that , fuel cap cover is nor released from inside , also we accepted that , although this feature is now available on a 10K car , but to cancel the feature of sunroof auto close ???????? unbelievable .
What is bothering me most is when I saw the 05 STS in the showroom of my dealer 6 months ago with the sunroof open , I was surprised how the sunroof is open while the engine is off , cause in my old 1998 STS this was impossible , he told me that the sunroof auto close is programmable . Now when I received my 06 STS he is telling me that this feature is not available any more ??????????

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V and 1998 Seville STS
98 Posts
I agree with your complaints - as much as I have always, and still do love Cadillac’s, they are really dropping the ball on a lot of luxury details that should be a given in a Cadillac. Auto close windows and sunroof for one, and in the case of CTS, the pathetic manual tilt steering wheel with no telescoping feature at all.

ALL Cadillac’s should have power tilt and telescoping steering wheels AND power adjustable pedals - Fords have the power pedals for Gods sake! And its not that the parts aren't in the GM parts bins either - the pedals are available on the SRX, the power adjustable tilt/telescope steering wheel is available on the STS and DTS. All 4 windows auto up and down are available on STS and DTS. On my CTS-V I'd even settle for a trunk lid that actually pops up at least part way when you release it instead of just sitting there.

Then there is the lack of glove compartment lighting (my CTS-V glove compartment is so small it literally will only hold gloves), no under hood lighting, no locking fuel filler lid, and why has the filler been placed on the right side instead of the left side where it belongs? For a right hand drive European car, right side is fine, the fuel filler should always be on the side the steering wheel is on to allow the driver to fill the tank from where he exited the car.

All that said, I still love my CTS-V and will love the STS AWD when I add one to my fleet, but I wish Cadillac would think about these nickel and dime things they are dropping from these cars. The devil is in the details and these are things that just shouldn't be overlooked by Cadillac. The rest of the car is too good to shortchange them on these details.

·
Registered
2005 STS, 2007 Escalade
18 Posts
Is there a way to program my '05 STS to auto close the sunroof? I cannot find it in any of the manual or onscreen instructions.

Hypo

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have an '05 STS w/dealer installed sunroof, and it does autoclose on engine off. Maybe only the aftermarket sunroofs have the autoclose feature. Then again maybe GM was able to save $5/sunroof by not including the autoclose feature on the factory installed models.

·
Registered
2006 STS V6
230 Posts
The trunk IS auto open. As long as the FOB is on your person, it opens just like the driver and passenger door. Push the rubber cover for about a half second and pop, it opens. Or are you referring to the annoying only opens an inch and not completely. In that case then yes very annoying and a backward step from my 95 SLS.:mad:

·
Registered
99 Escalade | 05 STS
160 Posts
If you folks lived in hot arsed Houston this would not bother you because your windows and sunroof would never open. :)

·
Registered
2008 STS V8 RWD 1SG+Perf Coll. + Perf Handlin pkg
209 Posts
Speaking about the trunk opening, it took me a long time to find the in-car button to open the trunk. Is there anybody who hasn't found it yet?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Is there a way to program my '05 STS to auto close the sunroof? I cannot find it in any of the manual or onscreen instructions.

Hypo

See to me this is crazy...MY Sunroof Closes everytime I turn the car off and I FREAKING HATE IT! In order for me to keep he roof open when the car cuts off I have to hit the button on the roof and that will automatically return it to the open position it was at before I turned the car off.

The Window situation would be cool. My parents Jag has that feature, but my STS doesn't...altho to be honest with U I would have never used it anyway since I am a freak when it comes to having my car cool as possible when I get in it in the summer. Doing a Remote start cools it down but I love riding with the windows down.

·
Registered
2018 XT5
605 Posts
My 99 STS sunroof did NOT close with the engine off. I had to manually do it.
=================
My 06 STS , 8V AWD is equipped with the ACC/HUD & Sunroof . I read somewhere in this forum that the 05 STS is not equipped with the Auto windows up for security reasons , although it is mentioned in the manual . Well I have good news , my 06 STS is equipped with the Auto windows up . All you have to do is press the lock button on the FOB for two seconds , and all the windows will close .
However , I cannot believe that the sunroof does not close automatically when switching off the engine or locking the doors .Mt 1998 STS was equipped with this super feature , but my 06 STS is not ???? what is happening to Cadillac engineers ? Parking break is not auto released due to security reasons , OK we accept that . Trunk is not auto open because the trunk is too small for the auto system , again we accept that , fuel cap cover is nor released from inside , also we accepted that , although this feature is now available on a 10K car , but to cancel the feature of sunroof auto close ???????? unbelievable .
What is bothering me most is when I saw the 05 STS in the showroom of my dealer 6 months ago with the sunroof open , I was surprised how the sunroof is open while the engine is off , cause in my old 1998 STS this was impossible , he told me that the sunroof auto close is programmable . Now when I received my 06 STS he is telling me that this feature is not available any more ??????????

·
Registered
2018 XT5
605 Posts
Even my 04 Trailblazer has power pedals. Another thing that is wrong with the STS is the steering wheel buttons are NOT lit at night.
================
I agree with your complaints - as much as I have always, and still do love Cadillac’s, they are really dropping the ball on a lot of luxury details that should be a given in a Cadillac. Auto close windows and sunroof for one, and in the case of CTS, the pathetic manual tilt steering wheel with no telescoping feature at all.

ALL Cadillac’s should have power tilt and telescoping steering wheels AND power adjustable pedals - Fords have the power pedals for Gods sake! And its not that the parts aren't in the GM parts bins either - the pedals are available on the SRX, the power adjustable tilt/telescope steering wheel is available on the STS and DTS. All 4 windows auto up and down are available on STS and DTS. On my CTS-V I'd even settle for a trunk lid that actually pops up at least part way when you release it instead of just sitting there.

Then there is the lack of glove compartment lighting (my CTS-V glove compartment is so small it literally will only hold gloves), no under hood lighting, no locking fuel filler lid, and why has the filler been placed on the right side instead of the left side where it belongs? For a right hand drive European car, right side is fine, the fuel filler should always be on the side the steering wheel is on to allow the driver to fill the tank from where he exited the car.

All that said, I still love my CTS-V and will love the STS AWD when I add one to my fleet, but I wish Cadillac would think about these nickel and dime things they are dropping from these cars. The devil is in the details and these are things that just shouldn't be overlooked by Cadillac. The rest of the car is too good to shortchange them on these details.

·
Registered
2018 XT5
605 Posts
supposedly its on the drivers door somewhere according to the manual. Since I have not got my new STS yet I can't comfirm it.
============
Speaking about the trunk opening, it took me a long time to find the in-car button to open the trunk. Is there anybody who hasn't found it yet?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts