Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 sedan deville
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was out playing around with my car today and I was pretty sure most caddys had the trunk closer deal....So i took the panel off in the trunk(most of mine is missing...imagine that) but the plastic surround is still there....so I took em out and lo an behold...there is the wires for the auto trunk...plugged em in and of course...motor raised.....went to close the trunk....closed it gently...aaaaaaaaaaaaaand nothing. Grrrrrrrrrreat.....damnit all. So I got a bit frustrated after about 20 mins of this thing not closing...all my tools out for the world to see....I slammed that sucker down.....and it rose more??? the trunk finally latched but it was in a open position basically...like all bassackwards.....took out my trunk popper key remote and trunk released fine....I closed it down again...and trunk sucked shut into place.....AWESOME right? wrong. it started acting up again so I finally messed with the switch on the lid itself...got the motor to go down and now its been disconnected again till later.

whats if any a good way to adjust these things? I noticed the motor is possibly a bit bent (the plastic surround is seemingly a bit pushed out(will do pics if needed))...looks like the latch part could possibly be somewhat banged up....dunno if the latch part on the lid is messed up yet(it got dark, I was getting bored and tired and didnt have fun with the trans today at all), I also noticed a lone wire with a connector stashed under the trunk carpeting...single wire...blak/white stripe I believe....what the heck is that for????? no idea where it was supposed to go or where it hooked up at....(again pics if needed)

any thoughts guys?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,551 Posts
Sounds like it has been slammed one to many times. The motor obviously works. Might try checking the switch and the switch contacts.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
I have the FSM for that car at my Mom's house somewhere. When I have time I will scan in the wiring diagrams and whatever else I can find in there about it for ya. It may be a few days though and I hope you know how to read a diagram (its actually one of the simpler ones). :2thumbs:

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
Sorry it took so long, but here are the wiring diagrams and the troubleshooting steps. Sorry, but that is the biggest I could make them. You might be able to save the images and zoom in using a different program on your computer.

·
Registered
95 sedan deville
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome man!! Thank you soooo much!!

off to go play after boost image and print!

and JUNKYARD!!!

found me a cadi specific one....hehehehe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts